Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparkle 6600GT Overclocking

Options
  • 23-05-2005 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Is it possible? anyone know any utilites to try it out ? anyone got any experience to share?

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

You should start with CoolBits, this will let you overclock your card. But for a decent overclock i would use something better than the stock fan. Also read this to find out other ways of overclocking your nVidia card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Optikus wrote:
    You should start with CoolBits, this will let you overclock your card. But for a decent overclock i would use something better than the stock fan. Also read this to find out other ways of overclocking your nVidia card.

Managed to overclock there was a utility with the card!

Only question I have is :-

when I as the card to test the optimal setting and I play CS or HL2 its works fine, however BFV and BF are a little laggy, and sometimes reboots?

wonder why?

my clock speed is 300 - 900 not clocked
    clocked 56o - 1.03ghtz clocked?

is there anything else I should be looking out for, PC Ram ect?

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Make sure the rest of your hardware is stable. Use prime95, SuperPi, and memtest86+ to make sure RAM & CPU are stable at whatever speeds you are running. Then and only then start OCing your graphics card, and stop (maybe go back a couple of Mhz) when things become unstable (you've described instability in your last post)
    Also change the settings on GPU clock and graphics RAM separately - this will allow you to find the true limit of each.

<edit>Also make sure you have adequate cooling for components</edit>

Advertisement