Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what nestle really do....

• 23-05-2005 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Rowntree was a man that owned the company 'rowntrees' he was a fair trade man, very charitable, when he died nestle took over his company.

in africa, Nestle tell mothers tha breastmilk is not good for their babies, so they should use nestle powdered milk, which of course mothers have no clean water to mix it with, they use contaminated water and this kills their babies.

Nestle are extremely greedy and have no fair trade policy, workes from central and S. America earn soo little, and cocoa pickers have nevr tasted chocolate before,

Nestle also test sustances on animals.

Please boycott them with me! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

how do you know all this stuff? whats with the smear campaign of this beloved ...chocolate maker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

no, what I heard is that they give free powdered milk to mothers, then their own milk runs out, so they have to buy it when the freebies aren't going out anymore... this campaign was out years and years ago though, but I don't know if it is still going on...

This is what I just found on it: http://www.babymilkaction.org/press/press24oct00.html (but, see, it's 2000)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Beebox

The media spotlight was put on them a number of years ago and I think they cleaned up their act. But I've been boycotting them for years. Besides masterfoods is tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

Fair Trade chocolate is really nice too...

While Mars are definitely better than Nestle, they still don't pay the cocoa-growers properly. At least if you buy fair trade chocolate you know you're not contributing to the death of babies or the slave trade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

There will be no boycotting of any chocolate company through this forum thank you very much.

Please do not start another thread is regard to this as yo will be banned.

You've been warned now run along and play children.... show is over!

CLOSED

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement