Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Listen to every Essential Mix + 2 many DJ show ever!!!

• 23-05-2005 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

http://mixes.cajones.org/

Class site there. Only streams though. The full essential mix collection back to 1993! :D

All 30 radio soulwax shows. And all 10 'as heard on radio soulwax'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Nice find Kev, brilliant. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Good post - but have to warn I've found this buggy in the past.

Still a great resource mind you.

In what way buggy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Dropping or failed streams. Then again I'm behind a stupidly restrictive firewall here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great find Kev, jaysus, gonna take me ages to go through these!

Cheers,

Si.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

excellent stuff will have a proper look later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

its pretty sweet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

I think they might be more than just streams. If you download the playlist file, and open it in Notepad, you should find a link to a real MP3 file that you can download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

niceone man gonna check this out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

plazzTT wrote:
    I think they might be more than just streams. If you download the playlist file, and open it in Notepad, you should find a link to a real MP3 file that you can download.

That wont work for me Plazz. I open the file in Notepad and copy the mp3 link but it only downloads a small html file?

Did it work for you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Nice post Kev, I was looking at that url there about week an half ago , saw it on another forum

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭MrO

Hi,
    I normally wouldn't post much - but this is such a good find I had to figure out a way of getting some of these sounds. If you have a mixer (which I suspect a lot of you will) - take the audio output which normally goes to the pc speakers and put it into one of your mixer inputs. Then feed the master out from the mixer back into to your audio input (microphone) on the pc and record using any audio recording package.

I'm sure there is probably an 'IT' way of doing this but it seems to work fine (you won't lose much on sound quality). No doubt you could do this through a normal AMP too.

All the best,
    Aaron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

What is the average bitrate on these streams?

I think it's 192.
    There is a way to save the streams.
    It involves using mplayer. http://www.mplayerhq.hu
    It is a command line player but works well.

Look for the -dumpstream command ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

KevIRL wrote:
    That wont work for me Plazz. I open the file in Notepad and copy the mp3 link but it only downloads a small html file?

Did it work for you?

No, I couldn't get it to work either. I thought it would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 saharzie

great find!
    I remember taping loads of those mixes back in 94-99. Lost some of them along the years so this is class. Mailed the guy who runs the site to see if he can shed any light on how to download to mp3 -- check the basement jaxx mix of November 97 ---

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

stream it and use Cool Edit or Sound Forge to record it

The wonders of modern technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 XrispEz

Good find here m8. :eek: some pretty good mixes here aswell. Good job!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Indeed quite possibly the best music link ever,its gonna take me weeks to download and listen to them all,my hard drive will be overflowing :D to download them just click on the mix you want,when the music starts in media player click save as and it`ll save to yuor desktop (well it does on mine) nice one again mate :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Are you using windows media player and if so what version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Jesus thats a good post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Sweet find man,
    cant wait to get home and start ripping all them streams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Here's probably the most efficent way of getting all those goodies from the site listed...
    First download your selection as a m3u file (see bottom of the guy's webpage)
    Then you need to remove the lines that start with "#EXTINF:" (not including ""). You can do this in any decent text editor that suppports regular expressions. The regular expression to match these lines is:
    #EXTINF:(.*)

Replace that expression with nothing or a space
    Install wget (a command line http client - well handy) - do a google for it
    You need to be on a *NIX OS or have cygwin installed (on windows) to run the following script but I'm sure someone out there can convert the script to some Windows batch file. Here's the script:
         1  #!/bin/bash 
         3  for i in `cat $1`; 
         4  do wget --user-agent="iTunes/4.2 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.2)" $i; 
         5  done;

And soon enough your hdd will be full of sweet mixes!

jonny68 wrote:
    Indeed quite possibly the best music link ever,its gonna take me weeks to download and listen to them all,my hard drive will be overflowing :D to download them just click on the mix you want,when the music starts in media player click save as and it`ll save to yuor desktop (well it does on mine) nice one again mate :)

Works perfect Jonny.

Just open the file in media player and then go to 'save media as'

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

it's the best thing ever

i love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This is quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen posted on boards...you are a legend.

To download the file just open it with media player, select file, save media as and it will save to desktop. Getting quite nice speeds too...

Tusky wrote:
    This is quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen posted on boards...you are a legend.

To download the file just open it with media player, select file, save media as and it will save to desktop. Getting quite nice speeds too...

Yep, been raping it for the past few days now :D

Advertisement