Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know metal is trendy again when...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

John2 wrote:
    Well in fairness, Slayer are hardly underground at this stage.
    i wasn't implying that they were underground. i just found it strange that rte have thrash music in their archives at all-with them being a bog station and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Nightwish wrote:
    i wasn't implying that they were underground. i just found it strange that rte have thrash music in their archives at all-with them being a bog station and all...

I'd say we'd all be surprised at some of the things in the RTE archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Oh yeah, HIM and CKY lovers, Jackass, had Angel Of Death in that destruction car-rental-derby scene in the Jackass movie. Just an observation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

its not exactly metal but they also used audioslave "be yourself" in their end credits after the limerick and tipp replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

superconor wrote:
    Thats great! Where they not using Wake-Up by RATM for some gaelic thing?

Yeah the International Rules I think. Or maybe that was Metallica, and RATM was on something else.

Concern use the intro to track at the beginning of one of their educational videos...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

as far as i can remember, RTE and MTV went in together years ago to record a Therapy? gig ( it was recorded some time during the big gap in albums after infernal love ). i've only ever seen it shown once on tv..pretty weird tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah I remember watching a Metallica gig somewhere where they played in Germany or America on Mtv or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Germany Rock AM Ring is on MTV2 rarely

Advertisement