Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yes or no!!

• 23-05-2005 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

ok everyone this is realy annoying me! these shoes called dubes! i like them but people seem so divided over this topis! i want to no once and for are all do people auctually like them! if not why not? if so why so?

do you like these shoes(dubes) 59 votes

yes they are nice!
    0% 0 votes
    there horrible stupid shoes!
    27% 16 votes
    only for the d4 heads and wannbe's!
    35% 21 votes
    i love them!
    37% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=243605&highlight=dubes

have a lot there, a lot of people voiced their opinion on them including myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rasherboy

hmmm...interesting...didnt no der was already a thread on dem! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You like them so wear them. Jesus, are you really such a sheep?

me no i have them! it just all my mates and people just slag them and i was just wondering was every1 like this or are my mates just saps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'm totally unsure about them at all... Like extremely comfortable shoes, but it just seems like it was all those girls with boatbags (those stripy HUGE things) in school that had them (even though they didn't havea boat!!)
    they do come across a bit as wannabe type shoes though I think...

• Advertisement

Heaven forbid someone would think you're a wannabe!

i hate all this wanna be stuff! like define a real d4 head? most people say people form terenure etc are big d4 heads when technically there not part of d4 you cant realy tie it down to an area! sangre please give me a comprehensive definition of a d4 head!

Me

lol! define yourself!

great

• Advertisement

wow r head is up ur as$ :D

who is r?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Rasher boy there's rumours flying about that Sangre is from Raheny, so you gotta find your D4 head model somewhere else! Oh and just wear the shoes if you like them, no one really cares that much - your friends probably just felt like slagging you about something and decided dubes were an easy target :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

you're close to a banning kiddo - Mordeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

rasherboy wrote:
    i hate all this wanna be stuff! like define a real d4 head? most people say people form terenure etc are big d4 heads when technically there not part of d4 you cant realy tie it down to an area! sangre please give me a comprehensive definition of a d4 head!

Loike I totally agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Look, just wear the freakin shoes you like and stop giving a rats ass what anyone else thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

nearly everyone in my school wears them and we're far from D4 so eh, bring your own subtext... My parents used to make me wear them, cuz they're sailing shoes and we sail so yeah... and would people please call them Dubarries, I'm unsure of the spelling but yeah..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

hehehe

Sorry rasherboy hope i didn't offend you on the other post, but I really think that they are absolutely stupid. They just scream wannabe for me-basicly because everyone who I have encountered wearing such vile items of clothing has their head shoved squarely up their aRse and is a pompous wagon / wanker....Also the shoes are generally accompanied by one of those cancer wristbands, a rugby shirt/ralph lauren polo type shirt-collar turned up(mandatory)....shudder...

sheep!!!

But saying that if you feel comfy in them wear them.

I won't like it and I'll probably hunt u down for crimes against fashion, but mhe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

I think there is far too much deliberation over nothing.

DITTO on what Karl said, they're only shoes at the end of the day I suppose.

Alana wrote:
    hehehe

Sorry rasherboy hope i didn't offend you on the other post, but I really think that they are absolutely stupid. They just scream wannabe for me-basicly because everyone who I have encountered wearing such vile items of clothing has their head shoved squarely up their aRse and is a pompous wagon / wanker....Also the shoes are generally accompanied by one of those cancer wristbands, a rugby shirt/ralph lauren polo type shirt-collar turned up(mandatory)....shudder...

sheep!!!

But saying that if you feel comfy in them wear them.

I won't like it and I'll probably hunt u down for crimes against fashion, but mhe.

no need to apologise! ur opinion! i dont wear any of them collar up tshirts or whatever! never even wear t-shirts like that1 not sure i own any...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I don't have anything against peeps who wear them, but wouldn't be something i'd personally think is "cool".

Give me a rare pair of retro trainers anyday.

daRobot wrote:
    I don't have anything against peeps who wear them, but wouldn't be something i'd personally think is "cool".

Give me a rare pair of retro trainers anyday.
    u mean like converse or something? im not mad bout them i have to say! but then again thats my opinion i no loads of people love them! down to taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

This is one trend I have never understood. Obviously it is completely tied in with a particular concept of social class etc.

Because in terms of fashion they are absolutely completely and utterly HIDEOUS!!! Especially when worn with O'Neill's tracksuit bottoms. Talk about the biggest fashion faux pas ever!!!

Absolutely disgusting. They are deck shoes and should only be worn ON DECK. Most ridiculous trend ever. They are only just acceptable when worn with school uniforms, although you are immediately making a statement about what section of society you are (or wish to be) in.

Get a grip people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

*Sassy* wrote:
    This is one trend I have never understood. Obviously it is completely tied in with a particular concept of social class etc.

Because in terms of fashion they are absolutely completely and utterly HIDEOUS!!! Especially when worn with O'Neill's tracksuit bottoms. Talk about the biggest fashion faux pas ever!!!

Absolutely disgusting. They are deck shoes and should only be worn ON DECK. Most ridiculous trend ever. They are only just acceptable when worn with school uniforms, although you are immediately making a statement about what section of society you are (or wish to be) in.

Get a grip people.

well said sassy ;)

*Sassy* wrote:

Get a grip people.

its the same as the way some people hate converse or skate shoes or sports trainers! some people hate certain footwear and clothes! some like it!
    the social standing thing annoys me do! i do hate the whole it makes me d4 reason that some ppl buy them! but thats the same everywhere! people buy black hoodies to look like a rocker why? i don no! i jus buy clothes because i like them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

rasherboy wrote:
    u mean like converse or something? im not mad bout them i have to say! but then again thats my opinion i no loads of people love them! down to taste!

Nope,more like this.Retro and really rare.

1116948668214_C_classic_bw_black_purple_b_copy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

rasherboy wrote:
    its the same as the way some people hate converse or skate shoes or sports trainers! some people hate certain footwear and clothes! some like it!
    the social standing thing annoys me do! i do hate the whole it makes me d4 reason that some ppl buy them! but thats the same everywhere! people buy black hoodies to look like a rocker why? i don no! i jus buy clothes because i like them!
    Do you have some sort of deal where you get paid by the Exclamation Mark or whats the dealio with every single post of yours?
    Also, FYI that thing you are typing on is a computer and not a mobile phone, please make the effort to spell words correctly, it will make you appear less of an annoying cretin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

GreeBo wrote:
    Do you have some sort of deal where you get paid by the Exclamation Mark or whats the dealio with every single post of yours?

BUT EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS INCREDIBLY PROFOUND! HE MIGHT AS WELL SHOUT IT!!!!!11!!!one!!111!!
    Also, FYI that thing you are typing on is a computer and not a mobile phone, please make the effort to spell words correctly, it will make you appear less of an annoying cretin.

My thoughts exactly.

... although I usually keep such thoughts to myself because he'll probably claim you're not being very P.C., or he's got the excuse of being dyslexic, or he lost his spell-checker in the war. In Croydon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

rasherboy wrote:
    its the same as the way some people hate converse or skate shoes or sports trainers! some people hate certain footwear and clothes! some like it!!

It is SO not the same. Converse etc are SUPPOSED to be worn with tracky bottoms, baggy pants etc and they look cool whether you are into that style or not. Everyone who has a clue about fashion knows that you do NOT under any cirumstances wear shoes with tracksuit bottoms. Unless of course you live in a caravan on the side of the road and are related to Blackie O'Connor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

*Sassy* wrote:
    It is SO not the same. Converse etc are SUPPOSED to be worn with tracky bottoms, baggy pants etc and they look cool whether you are into that style or not. Everyone who has a clue about fashion knows that you do NOT under any cirumstances wear shoes with tracksuit bottoms. Unless of course you live in a caravan on the side of the road and are related to Blackie O'Connor.

but he does make a point. he says nothing of what clothes they are worn with just peoples perceptions of it meaning you are from d4 and how different people like different things, skate shoes were ment for skating only yet they found their way into normal routine wear so why not dubes just people should be aware of what clothes goes with what thats bad ffanshion sense not saying dubes are horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

daRobot wrote:
    Nope,more like this.Retro and really rare.

1116948668214_C_classic_bw_black_purple_b_copy.jpg

oooo now those are old skool kick ass shoes......god bless the 80s and 90s for what they did for footwear...namely inline skates.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I have to agree that Rasherboy does make an excellent point with reguards to people wearing skate shoes while not skating.

I for one do not skate, but currently I'm wearing a pair of DVS, which I think are excellently comfy, so I'd certainly not begrudge anyone for wearing 'Deck shoes' when not on deck.

Although I don't like Dubes myself, probably because when I started a thread about getting a certain pair of boots, some little tosswads were trying to shove said shoes down my throat. I would've assumed that when I'm looking for a pair of boots, that would rule out shoes. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

i always wear either my dubes or vans i used to skate but no longer do, now i wear the shoes because i like them! same as my dubes(not that i once sailed) but i wear them because i like them! no more to it! there all comfy! so why not wear them in the end of the day if people think shoes define ur status etc...then those people should be shot! :D

Advertisement