Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Brother

• 23-05-2005 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

How bout we all nominate 12 members to be put in a forum where only they can post. Other members have to set us tasks (finding pictures, facts, photoshop etc) and each week one person got voted off.

Whilst in the forum, the people that are in there can't post in the normal forums.

We don't have to have 12 we can double it to make it interesting and vote off two a week.

The overall winner gets to be a mod of the Big Brother forum or something like that.

Just a suggestion!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'd be up for being one of the 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

sounds familar to the survivor thing they had. looks like fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Was looked at before but I think it would have turned out to be far too much hassle and the idea was put on the back burner.
    The problem with it is that BB is supposed to isolate you from the outside world, there's nothing stopping the boards contestants logging out and reading the goings on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Yeah I don't know how exactly this idea is supposed to work, but if it did it would be fun and I'd do it. haha :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I would be up for it if it got under way. Lets just suggest here some ideas as to how it would work.

Sure there is no way to prevent somebody from logging off and even logging on under a different name and reading the other forums but that doesnt really matter does it. It would be set up as a private forum that can be read by anyone but only the "board-mates" are allowed input to. Another board would be set up for voting, by the general public and for nominations.

What about the rule for nominations, in the BB house you are not allowed to talk about them, what is to stop us from pm'ing adn forming alliances (akin to survivor). Maybe there should be no pm'ing allowed for the duration of the game for anyone involved in it. But then you cant have private conversations with people.

Conversation topics would also have to be set. So as to allow the the general boardsters the chance to get to know the board-mates.

Alot of it would have to be done on good faith. It would be up to the board-mates to adhere by the rules and not set up aliases. Any pm-ing and alias accounts should result in atutomatic eviction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i'd love to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I'd be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Azezil would make the great token gay Irish queen imho hehehe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

so how does one go about organising this

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

lash my name down for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would like to throw my hat into the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

yeah, count me in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

http://virtualbigbrother2005.co.nr/

Here's an example of an online BB. Have to register to see the full set of boards though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I thought this was a great idea when it was first mentioned and I think it's a great idea now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Sounds great tbh, id be up for it if it goes ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Count me in sounds like a fantastic idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Sounds like some amusing fun to waste more of my working day.

Advertisement