Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you listen to in the morning?

Options
  • 23-05-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

With Breakfast Express, Srawberry Alarmclock, Ray Darcy and Ian Dempsey, Eammon Dunphy and Newstalk there is loads to listen to in the mornings.

i find i need something funny and therefore go with Breakfast express (Air Finglas, Lucky Joe and Jacinta are so funny), just to get into good mood at the start of the day.

What do you prefer?And what do you hate?

I hate Strawberry Alarmclock and the stupid Kids in the car crap they do...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Music, just.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,934 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Listen to Ray D'Arcy from 9 - 12 and then flick between 2FM and Ocean til the workday is over.... never really used to listen to radio but got hooked on it listening to it now in work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

music. Haven't listened to the radio for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

My alarm wakes me up and I switch it off immediatly. Its tuned to some soul station, I didn't tune it to that, I just left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Whatever's on my iPod when I'm on the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If I get a lift in the morning to college it's Ian Dempsey.
    If I get the luas it's my mp3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

We need Howard Stern. I listened to him everyday in New York. He's so funny. Puts the strawberry alarm clock to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Usually a cd .Dont listen to the radio at all nothing but ****e on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BBC R1 until I get to a point too far south to receive it. At that point I turn off the radio or if someone else is driving encourage them to switch on FM104...best of a very bad bunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Ah now, the Strawberries are cool. Jim Jim for president. I remember when he was known as Tony the Monkeychild and was on late night with Greg Merriman.. ahh those were the days... knackered tired in school/college the next day after a late night pissing myself laughing.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Every morning i just stick on some rock music...nothing like it to prepare you for the day ahead! :D

Sometimes when I work early shift, I wake in the morning to people talking in my head, telling me to kill my co-workers and managers.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Kernel wrote:
    . Jim Jim for president. I remember when he was known as Tony the Monkeychild and was on late night with Greg Merriman.. ahh those were the days... knackered tired in school/college the next day after a late night pissing myself laughing.
    :D

Halloweeeennnnn :D:D

I've been trying to think of what he called himself for ages now. Thank you for putting my mind to rest.
    Funniest radio ever show IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

when I come down for breakfast I turn on my pc and turn on Media Player and listen to one or two songs, then for the trip into college I listen to my mini-disk atm its Appetite For Destruction, Korn's first album and Beautiful Creatures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Whatever i was listening while falling asleep. :)

[HI-JACK]does anyone else listen to music while going to sleep? I can't sleep without it now....[/HI-JACK]

Pantera - Fcuking Hostile

Gets me in the mood :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Best song to wake up to is something Reggae like, make you feel happy and wake you up gradually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I listen to Newstalk - but I'm a bit of a news junkie so I need my fix like a smoker needs their morning cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

audioslaves new one at the minute..but i like dermot and dave on 98fm and ray darcy after that if i have the radio on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

audioslaves new album at the minute..but i like dermot and dave on 98fm and ray darcy after that if i have the radio on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Ian Dempsey 7-9 and Ray Darcy 9-12, perfect radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 benkenobi

i listen to ray darcy in the morning fix it friday is a good laugh and "yer wan" from cork on a tueseday morning and then BBC radio 1for the afternoon colin and edith are very funny then george hook in the evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I meant to say what radio programme you listen to not what music(we have loads of them threads already)!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, while eating breakfast, I usually trawl the sports pages on teletext. Then when driving it's a case of either Gerry Ryan on RTÉ 2FM, or occasionally Ocean FM. When I get to work, it's usually Ocean FM (not particularly my choice but sometimes OK, still better than NWR :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

On the way into work - Ian Dempsey. Fantastic show. - Today FM

Mid to late afternoon when out and about - Sean Moncrieff.Always funny. - Newstalk 106.

Halloweeeennnnn :D:D

I've been trying to think of what he called himself for ages now. Thank you for putting my mind to rest.
    Funniest radio ever show IMHO.

haha, yeah it was really funny. Funny listening to Greg trying in vain to keep control of the show's inevitable decline into complete chaos. After a while you knew he didn't give a **** anymore and just let it descend into madness. In fact, he encouraged it. He quit radio after that show, but I used to think he was really good, and really suited to talk radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Used to listen to Ryan Tubri...now listen to:

Chris Moyles-BBC Radio 1 - until 9 (Can't always recieve it though)
    Ray D'arcy-Today FM - 9 to 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭golfgirl

Have to agree Adox, Ian's yer only man ... he speaks normally, not too in your face, hate all that fake morning chirpiness .. Gift Grub is spot on ... and he plays really decent music. That 'kids in the car' is plain annoying, as are the two new wans on 2FM ... I always switch back to Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Used to be Tubridy, but he left and I can't stand the 2 replacements.
    Now its Iano followed by Ray......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

TmB wrote:
    Used to be Tubridy, but he left and I can't stand the 2 replacements
    yeah ryan tubridy had a good thing going there with the full irish.used to listen to it in the morning. now those two idiots have reduced the show to infantile levels of stupidity.its not even remotely entertaining. now its just music til 9am then gerry ryan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement