Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 5 rev.2 + MSI/PowerColour/Connect3D X800XL ViVo 2xDVI ??

Options
  • 24-05-2005 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

WIll this cooler fit any of these cards?

They are 256meg ViVo with 2x DVI ports, but I don't know which ones have reference PCB design or not, and height limits of any capacitors on the power ciruitry.

Are the stock heatsinks on these cards up to scratch on performance/noise ?
    I'm trying to build the quietest system I can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Hey john. The heatsink on the connect3d card is a reference one. Lets face it. Their never fantastic, they are there to do the job. Dont expect to get great over clocking out of them with a reference cooler on them. I had problems with just enabling the on the fly over clocking yoke on ATI drivers. As far as I know the connect cards are reference PCB layout. (shouldn't be to much throuble getting a "better heatsink/fan"

If I remember right. They aren't to noise. But then I am compaing it to my 9800pro when it had a fan on it :D;)

PS.... real men use water cooling! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Watercooling is down the road :)
    I don't like losing expansion slots to chunky gpu coolers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I got one of his cause it has the arctic cooler already on it.
    Tbh i didnt find it quiet at all. There was a ticking noise coming from the fan which i found out to be of the gfx card. It sends pulses rather then a constant curent to spin the fan.
    I have since attached it to my fan controler and have not thing to complain now.

Jozi

Advertisement