Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 - Minter Inside

Options
  • 24-05-2005 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

According to this Jeff Minter managed to get his lightsynth into the Xbox 360.

For those that don't know what a lightsynth is, it's basically the same thing as the thing on your hi-fi that jumps up and down with the music or those plugins you get for winamp.

I'm glad Minters work will finally hit the mass market (presuming the X360 does well). I think this could be one of those sleeper features that could end up shifting a lot of units.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

amp wrote:
    According to this Jeff Minter managed to get his lightsynth into the Xbox 360.

For those that don't know what a lightsynth is, it's basically the same thing as the thing on your hi-fi that jumps up and down with the music or those plugins you get for winamp.

I'm glad Minters work will finally hit the mass market (presuming the X360 does well). I think this could be one of those sleeper features that could end up shifting a lot of units.

Now all they need are some good games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Shaggy Llama lovers unite, lets light some candles, switch on our Xbox360s, and bow our heads in sheepy reverence for the bearded one.

Lets hope he manages to hide GridRunner in there somewhere too!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I reckon this is what was generating the images on the big screens behind the bands on the MTV special. Strange that they wouldn't have mentioned that fact though.

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Not really, the target audience wouldn't be the most.. technical.

Ah Gridrunner, I miss you.

Advertisement