Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless and extreme weather

• 24-05-2005 8:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭

Does anyone find that extreme weather conditions affect the quality of wireless broadband (e.g from IBB),
    such as storm force winds, dense fog, heavy rain ?

I'd put up with poor quality in a blizzard, as the condition is so rare :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Since we have got IBB installed we have had snow, hail, fog, torrential rain and frost and not one of them has had a notable affect on my connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

we used to use leap and weather never effected it a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

weather never seemes to affect my IBB connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

I've IBB in Bray and a few weeks back 2 saturdays in a row we had very dense fog (I couldnt see east coasts mast from my house) and the line dropped until the fog started to clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The only weather related problem I've had with IBB is that their backbone has gone down a few times in heavy storms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

nope no probs with IBB in bad weather, if it works well for you its great always but if its not working well for you from what i can see its hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I'm on Digiwebs wireless service for the last 6 months and never had a problem with weather. During one particularly foul storm I actually noticed things improved a bit.

Advertisement