Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The (Funky) Meters

Options
  • 24-05-2005 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Have some of their stuff but lookin for a good best of anyone know if they have one and where I might get it in dublin. Cheers :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Please! Please! One at a time! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

for funk vinyl you want to be trying either spindizzy in georges street arcade, or selecta on crown alley. :thumbsup:

oooh freebird is also quite good too for funk compliations, its the record shop underneath the newsagent on eden quay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭PunyHuman

I've got this one...

http://tinyurl.com/dom9k

...and it's great. I've always found Tower to be pretty good for soul and funk (on CD) but some of the prices are unbelievable. I prefer ordering a ton of stuff at a time from a good online store. My favourite is www.dustygroove.com - great selection, really cheap, friendly service.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

I got double CD "Funky Miracle" in Dublin a few years ago.
    It was either in Chapters or Tower records, have a look.
    Lots of their tunes start sounding the same mind you, but still really enjoyable.
    My favourite tracks are Cissy Strut, Bo Diddley, Just Kissed My Baby, Here Comes the Meterman, Chicken Strut.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Got the very best of in tower yesterday, and its sexy! so good!
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement