Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Judgement Day on NTL - what a joke

• 24-05-2005 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Anyone subscribe to Judgement Day with NTL.
    I tried calling on Sunday to subscribe but couldnt get through on any lines.
    Called them yesterday to be told they had no problems with lines, then put through to supervisor who said there had been problems.
    I then ordered it for second showing a 6pm last nite. It came on pay-per-view channel, for about 2 minutes, then cut-off saying you have not subscribed.
    I called them straight away, first they said i hadnt subscribed, then apologised and said i had but there are technical problems and all their pay-per-view events are experiencing problems. It was now a half hour in (on phone 30 mins) so I asked for refund. This is the good part - they said the refund will only be given in proportion to the amount that I actually see. She said if I get an hour of the 3 hour event I would be credited 2/3's of the cost. What a joke - could you imagine watching the event and it cutting off with half hour to go and still have to pay.
    NTL then called me back about 6.45pm to say they had made a mistake and that they didnt have a 6pm showing at all !! They said I would get full refund.

Cant understand how they run a business at all!

Rant over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭maxtrax

First of I didn't order this PPV as I knew it didn't look to be a good show! but I must say your problems with NTL happened to a lot more people then you think, but what do you expect it's NTL, my own brother has NTL and the amount of problems he has had with them go back 2 years, they give you the run around, take money out of your account with out you knowing, charge for things you did't order the list goes on, the amount of times they have been on watchdog, I have lost count....

I have always watched my wrestling PPV'S with Sky and I never had one problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

yeah im seriously thinking of going with Sky when current NTL contact is up.
    This wasnt first time it happened to me either, but what annoyed me most is they give you the run around as if its not their fault.
    I will just have to wait for it to come out on DVD now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Im so glad someone has brought this up. The amount of problems Ive had with NTL is just too long to go into. The phone operation is probably the funniest. I think it was last Survivor Series when I tried to ring to place my order on the number given and it said they had no operators at all working call at 9 am. Tried another one of there numbers same response. Tried general queiries number bang no problem. At least twice I have nt seen the ppv after I had it ordered. Its not rocket science after all. There one of the most badly organised companys in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I see some things have never changed.
    I had NTL until about 3 years ago when I got Sky. I had endless problems with NTL especially for PPV's and god help me if I rang them up, I never rang NTL and was not on hold for at least an hour which is ridiculous and since that I have worked in a call centre which made me realise how even more ridiculous the situation was. When I got Sky on other I have never had problems with PPV's and just order them through remote which is so easy, saving me hassle of ringing call centre and if I have to ring Sky then I actually get through pretty much always straight away.
    The moral is get Sky, they are infinitely better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You think that's bad?

The following has happened to me TWICE (and would've happened again had I not been watching it live a couple of other times).

I buy the PPV. Leave it on the PPV channel to tape as I go to bed. In the meantime, all of my family are in bed and won't be up until the pay-per view is over and I've safely watched half of it the next morning. Wake up the next morning, check my tape, find some news or other night time TV programme is in the place of my much-anticipated WWE show. Realise that the bloody NTL box has somehow switched to a random station for no apparent reason. Ring up NTL. Tell them my predicament and offer them the tape if they don't believe me. I'm told that I must've put something onto auto-tune (impossible seeing as you get an on-screen warning beforehand AND it tunes in at the time the programme is starting, generally the shows recorded instead of PPVs were in mid-broadcast) or somebody must have changed the channel without me knowing (which just didn't happen). Either way, it's a non-refundable incident since I can't prove that it's NTLs fault. I've to pay for my PPV without seeing it and the bastards are laughing their way to the bank.

Until I get Sky that is.

In my room so I'll kinda know if any sleepwalkers come in with an urge to change to a random channel.

Yeah I haven't had a problem since.

Just make the switch today. The bit of extra cash is SOO worth it. Plus do I even have to mention the fact that Sky carries The Wrestling Channel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

leggo wrote:
    You think that's bad?

The following has happened to me TWICE (and would've happened again had I not been watching it live a couple of other times).

I buy the PPV. Leave it on the PPV channel to tape as I go to bed. In the meantime, all of my family are in bed and won't be up until the pay-per view is over and I've safely watched half of it the next morning. Wake up the next morning, check my tape, find some news or other night time TV programme is in the place of my much-anticipated WWE show. Realise that the bloody NTL box has somehow switched to a random station for no apparent reason. Ring up NTL. Tell them my predicament and offer them the tape if they don't believe me. I'm told that I must've put something onto auto-tune (impossible seeing as you get an on-screen warning beforehand AND it tunes in at the time the programme is starting, generally the shows recorded instead of PPVs were in mid-broadcast) or somebody must have changed the channel without me knowing (which just didn't happen). Either way, it's a non-refundable incident since I can't prove that it's NTLs fault. I've to pay for my PPV without seeing it and the bastards are laughing their way to the bank.

Until I get Sky that is.

In my room so I'll kinda know if any sleepwalkers come in with an urge to change to a random channel.

Yeah I haven't had a problem since.

Just make the switch today. The bit of extra cash is SOO worth it. Plus do I even have to mention the fact that Sky carries The Wrestling Channel?

dude it actualy sounds like you have a poltergiest. My friend has told me of stranger things happening him like coming home to an empty house to find the CD player left when it was turned off before he left and there was no one around to turn it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, I've heard Sky has a built-in poltergeist-deterrent though since it's worked fine since I got that.

Like I said, well worth the extra money.

Advertisement