Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto pruning of subscribed threads?

Options
  • 24-05-2005 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Can the Auto pruning of subscribed threads after say 30 days if there is no further reply received, be done. I have almost 1000 subscribed threads which naturally most are long long dead.

Just an idea I thought I could run past yee.

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I have about 3000 subscribed threads I think but occasionally a thread gets dragged up after a couple of years for some reason or another ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What does it matter how many subscribed threads you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It would be nice to remove the dead ones so you don't get reminded of it a year later with a "LOL" type posting.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And if a year later the situation changes and someone posts an update?
    Remember, dragging up old posts will get you serious frowned at around here so its rare enough and given that theres about 3,000 posts a day and nearly 3 Million in the DB alone, the chances of one of yours getting "Lol'ed" is poor :)

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I find that useful additions to ones that pop up again are in the minority, and I'm a neat freak, so I just keep it to the last month or so. It's a pain in the hole doing it the first time, but after that it's just a case of deleting a few batches of 20 (or whatever) every couple months. Not a big hassle.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement