Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop making funny noises

• 24-05-2005 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hi,

If this ain't the right place for this, please feel free to move to wherever.

You know the sound a laptop makes when it's like the processor is working overdrive, kinda like a gritty noise ... well occasionally it does that if I'm running a lot of programs at once. But last night it started up for no apparant reason and now it's constantly making the funny noise .... I switched it off last night when I was going to bed, in the hope that it would have sorted itself out by getting some laptop sleep, but it's still making the noise ... ?

It's a Dell Inspiron 4150, and the noise is coming from beneath the Enter key area (if anyone knows what part is under there!) ... any ideas? Or is it on it's last legs? The hard drive clicks too every now and again but this is a totally different noise from the clicking.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Sounds like your harddrive is on the way out.
    Back up anything important, quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yeah reckon its the hard drive. Isnt the cpu on the left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

There's a known problem on the Latitudes, whish causes a "static" like electrical noise from under the keyboard. Don't know about the Inspirons, it's always a good idea to backup if there's any doubt.

Advertisement