Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCDSU.net down!

Options
  • 24-05-2005 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Does any of you heads know what has happened to UCDSU.net and its infinitely superior message boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

You are not authorised to view this page
    Thats interesting - not the standard "Page not found" you'd expect if the site is down. I wouldn't worry about, it'll prob be back up later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VenusInFurs

I'm not that worried, haven't whipped out the auld paper bag to hyper-ventilate just yet. I know the guys who administer the site, so I'll send 'em an e-mail to find out what the situation is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

its infinitely superior message boards?
    LOL funny stuff. Very good sense of humour.

I didn't consider it to be that hilarious actually. But as a regular reader of and contributor to the UCDSU.net message boards, I believe the level of discussion to be higher and the humour sharper than on here. There were a couple of cretins on the UCDSU.net message boards, but I think they all ****ed off over here after they fell victim to our wit because they're hyper-sensitive people. I don't read too much of the stuff here, but what I have read hasn't been noteworthy. I've substantiated why I think the UCDSU.net boards to be "infinitely superior", so tell me why you found that to be so bloody comical???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Jesus man, lay off the caffeine you hack! Who cares how good the SU ar5elicking boards are, the poster above you was only making a joke as you pompously labelled the ucdsu boards 'infinitely' better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Off topic...

VenusInFurs - Cool nick. I never really got into the Velvet Underground's other stuff.

funktastic wrote:
    Jesus man, lay off the caffeine you hack! Who cares how good the SU ar5elicking boards are, the poster above you was only making a joke as you pompously labelled the ucdsu boards 'infinitely' better.

Ya see funktastic, this is exactly what I'm talking. 'New Man' types crying into their pillows, because when the tribes collide and somebody ridicules your board, you become all defensive. You then try and insult me by calling me a "hack" (that's a pretty poor retort sunshine btw), but you're so good at missing the point you should be a knife throwers assistant! boom tschhh

Anyway, I'm not pompous. Mine is just the view of a man who doesn't give a damn anymore about what anyone else thinks because I know I'm right :p

Cheers Kasintahan, its a pretty cool song with a great title to boot. Its also the name of a novel by Leopold von Sacher-Masoch about his sordid masochist fantasies :D

There was a big Velvet Underground revival a few years ago when you could get their stuff on the cheap. I don't know if that's still the case because I think it was only because they were re-issuing their stuff. I'm more into my beats these days man, but they're still probably only the pre-Kraftwerk band I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

VenusinFurs - continue trolling and your ass will be banned. You've substantiated Fúck all TBH. And stop trying to get a rise out of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Hmmm...UCDSU.net down....has Carroll's reign of terror begun early? :p

Apparently he's not a fan...I wonder why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

UDCSU.net is rubbish. I used to contribute to it until I realised that the level of discussion was way below what was on Boards and that the colour scheme was likely to make my retinas fall off in the long run. The only decent people are those on the BJJ forum. They're sound and they actually contribute to it often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

UCDSU.net is absolute rubbish. Venus in furs just admit that this place has a better community that the UCDSU boards. Alot of people who post on that have their heads shoved up their holes and have absolutely zero personality apart from this really funny, intellectually stimulating person and just fantastic person called Bill Bones!

What annoys me is how should you choose to contribute, you're labelled as "Right-Wing" if you have a difference in opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It lacks me and therefore is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Does any of you heads know what has happened to UCDSU.net and its infinitely superior message boards?
    Myself I hope it's back pretty damn soon so wandering muppets find a place to call home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

dont think anyone really gives a F(UK about the UCDSU boards they are pure Sh1te only people that post on them are dan hayden and shane henley and other SU knobs from other colleges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I'm a little annoyed at the fact that UCDSU.net is hosted on indymedia.ie
    It really doesnt belong there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I have visited UCDSU.net's boards a good few times, and all I can say is that they are pure and utter crap. A while ago some guy who was a union hack appeared on here and began parroting the usual diatribe that seems to emanate from that building. How can we be so unwitty considering a ucd boards beers managed to last all day when it got going... what a twat :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

larryone wrote:
    I'm a little annoyed at the fact that UCDSU.net is hosted on indymedia.ie
    It really doesnt belong there.

Hosted? What do you mean?

It uses open source publishing software, which is free and didn't cost UCD students anything to set up...as far as I know. Indymedia uses the same software, but so do a lot of sites.

Am I missing something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Vainglory wrote:
    Hosted? What do you mean?

It uses open source publishing software, which is free and didn't cost UCD students anything to set up...as far as I know. Indymedia uses the same software, but so do a lot of sites.

Am I missing something else?

Indymedia.ie and ucdsu.net both happen to be hosted by:

pair Networks
    2403 Sidney St
    Suite 510
    Pittsburgh PA 15232
    US

It could be because they're both run by the same people or the fact that Pair is a good and reliable host, who knows?

It's especially ironic for indymedia to be hosted in the evil U.S. and not bother supporting irish jobs at home.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

There's no connection between Indymedia and UCDSU.net, other than the fact that they both use Oscailt (which is an open source CMS) and are hosted on the same server. The guys in this year's SU would be probably regular visitors to Indymedia judging from the views they express on stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think the student union is looking great for next year-thers a diverse mix of views and opinions-what with all the labours and james carroll.I think Dan is going to do a great job with welfare-its great to see someone whose so passionate about their cause being involved in the union+welfare is the most important position anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

The UCDSU boards are crap. Full of SU BS and tedius politics 101 discussions that lack any substance and absolutely no element of interaction like here. When the site goes up again, the SU should try to broaden it's appeal. The fact that this board(a peripheral subsection of a website) is more popular than the official UCD boards is evidence that they've got it wrong.

panda100 wrote:
    l.I think Dan is going to do a great job with welfare-its great to see someone whose so passionate about their cause being involved in the union+welfare is the most important position anyway!

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that is a howl :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

panda100 wrote:
    I think the student union is looking great for next year-thers a diverse mix of views and opinions-what with all the labours and james carroll.I think Dan is going to do a great job with welfare-its great to see someone whose so passionate about their cause being involved in the union+welfare is the most important position anyway!

Did you support James Carroll?

i think he just has his finger up the unions ass :D

panda100 wrote:
    welfare is the most important position anyway!

Bollox, I'd say Education is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Education in tcd anyway. easiest job to fkcu up badly as well

easiest job to fkcu up badly as well

Believe me, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

OP if your an example of the UCDSU's average user, I hope to god their forums dont go down too often lest we be burdened with more of your ilk.

Lets not turn this into a flame riddled "x board is better then y board" type thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement