Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got Nintendo DS, which game is best?

Options
  • 24-05-2005 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just bought the DS a few hours ago, but havn't bought a game yet. still playing the old ones for time being.
    Anyway what one will i get, which is the best one or gives the most enjoyment?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Mario 64 DS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Warioware in my opinion.

Depends if you've already played Mario 64 I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

steviec wrote:
    Warioware in my opinion.

Depends if you've already played Mario 64 I suppose.

I have both, and i find Mario to be much better.
    Warioware is too gimmicky for me.
    That's not to say it's not fun.
    I also have Yoshi Touch and Go, which is pretty good too.
    Great if you have a mate that has a DS as you only need one copy of the game to play multiplayer.
    It's a pretty tough game though, or else i'm just crap.

My favourite game at the moment, isn't even a DS game.
    Zelda: The Minish Cap, is a fantastic game that you can play in your GBA slot on the DS.

I'll probably pick up a few more games soon.

Killian

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Yoshi Touch and Go is very good and I see Pac Pix has been released, but of the launch line up it has to be Mario64, especially those mini games, super sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I say Mario 64 too. Minigames are brilliant.
    Warioware Touched, and Yoshi Touch and Go are just behind it.

I've justed ordered Warioware Twisted, which is supposed to be much better than Touched. Its out now in the states, or early June in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

i would say either get mario or start a collection of the best gba games until the better DS games come out. thats wot im doing anyway..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Mario is the only decent game, IMO, most others are high score games like Wario (a great game for what it is), Yoshi etc. Saying that I havent played Asphalt (supposed to suck) Tiger Woods or Rayman., Project Rub is good craic too.

Had a go at Pic Pax (or whatever its called) and it seems like a bit of fun, very addictive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hold on to your money for meteos or import it. Excellent game.

Mario 64DS is good but the dodgy controls means its inferior to the N64 classic. Warioware is good but too easy and the worst of the warioware series.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Hold on to your money for meteos or import it. Excellent game.

Mario 64DS is good but the dodgy controls means its inferior to the N64 classic. Warioware is good but too easy and the worst of the warioware series.

what type of game is meteos? And when is electroplankton out in the US? If it's soon I might wait and not get the japanese version, even though it's not hard to figure out despite the language.

oh, and do imported games network with Euro games?

Meteos is a great tetris style block falling game, I posted a flash knock off of it a while back if you do a search. Very addective, most reviewers reckon its better the Lumnies on the PSP. Wait for the english version though as there are loads of extra bits that only make sense in english.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mario, Yoshi's Touch and Go or WarioWare. I've really enjoyed all of them. Didn't like Pac-Pix when I picked it up for a while in work last week. Project Rub is fun if you like minigames. Pretty much all the rest of the launch titles suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

flogen electroplankton isnt out till nov in US. get meteos!!!

dang. Might just get the japanese version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I would consider electroplankton to be the best game on the DS so far, wario ware and mario 64 are pretty excellent too. Get polarium if you have someone else to play against, great addictive competitive fun. But yeah, get electroplankton, there's hardly any reading so there's no reason to wait for the euro release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Whats Electroplankton? Sounds good. I have Wario Ware which is good but becomes just a novelty very quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

is there anything decent coming out this summer? its literally been months since i played my ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

While electroplankton is great, it isn't a game and its not for everybody. If you really want it you might as well order the jap version because there's very little langauage used in it at all.

Yoshi's touch and go is great - but is a high-score game. If you like that kinda thing then great - go for it.

I think though that Mario is the best all round game - longevity, mini-games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Got Mario64 (x2 - I got 2 DSs :D) & Jap Meteos - and that's more than enough until Bomberman & MKart come out...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember seeing a brand new DS (or maybe GBA) super mario bros. game on the video for the E3 conference. Can't wait for that.

Yeah brand new DS Mario Bros that includes multipleyer wher eone DS is mario and the other is Luigi

IGN link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/616/616760p1.html

There is a Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga coming for the DS as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement