Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Chargers Abroad

Options
  • 24-05-2005 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I've got a Sharp GX20 that I want to use in the US for the summer; it's got one of those "travel" chargers, very lightweight, says on the charger that it'll work at 110-240v, just wanted to confirm that all I'll need is an adaptor for the 3 pin plug. Since the GX20 battery only lasts about 3 days MAX without a charge, I really want to be sure before I go for the summer.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

yeah. should work fine once 110v is on it. Just pick youself up an adapter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Thanks for that. Just thought it seemed a little light to have a built in transformer. Should make it a little easier to carry around now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

The reason why it's light is that it has a 'switch-mode' transformer, which senses the input voltage. Advantages are that they're light and the disadvantage is that they don't like surges. My Mom's Sony Ericsson had a switch-mode transformer and we had a small electrical surge one evening. Dead phone was the result :( In general though, they're fine!

Advertisement