Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to Align Headlights

Options
  • 24-05-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Just been for the 'ole NCT - failed for headlight alignment even after a €600 service (tires, the works - incl. lights). The NCT guy who tested my car couldnt tell me where to go to get them fixed - said he'd nearly got fired for helping someone out before (must have a fail quota!).

So, does anyone know of a garage in North Kildare/south west dublin that can actually get the damn things pointing in the right direction??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I got mine done by Linders in Chapelizod and McCoys in Lucan both passed NCT no probs think it was about 50 notes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

There's a small motor/tyre/exhaust place behind the hotel at the Red Cow Roundabout - can't remember the name, something like Joe McCann Motors ? Anyway, they have a beam aligner and charge €20 for it.

Haven't had it done myself, but saw that they had it when I was getting bushes burned out of a supension piece last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Are you going to ask the garage that did your service for a refund for the alignment and the re-test fee ?

I would ...and not just "ask" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

Kwik Fit do em for 35 euro. Can't for the life of me see how they justify that price for twisting two screws left or right.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

peasant wrote:
    Are you going to ask the garage that did your service for a refund for the alignment and the re-test fee ?

I would ...and not just "ask" :D

you're damn right I will when I'm back to work tomorrow.
    They get most of their business from the place I work (they have an ad up on our intranet - >1500 staff). I just happen to manage the intranet, so potentially removing them from the web, and resulting severe loss of clientelle may sway the issue in my direction if I dont get my preferred resolution

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

That's a bummer. Only ever aimed them against a wall myself, but then I have yet to submit such work for NCT verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Get onto the garage that pre-tested your car and DEMAND that they re-adjust your lights correctly and refund you the cost of the re-test.

I've adjusted my headlights twice on two different cars (92 Golf and 93 civic) AND they've amazingly passed the NCT. For a general idea on headlight adjustment DIY check here. . Find a level carpark and a wall. Pull up to the wall with lights on and reverse away noting any changes in the beam. If you're not into DIY, then a garage would be recomended.

Advertisement