Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad based project

Options
  • 24-05-2005 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

The idea behind the project is to create a mainstream band with a trad sound to it - NOT THE CORRS! I actually want to have accomplished musicians in this band. I'm a session drummer myself but also a singer songwriter. The idea is to take songs that either myslef or someone else in the band has written and arrange them with a modern trad like feel to them but still focusing on the basic elements of pop and rock. In otherword I wanna set up something that would combine the likes of Nickle Creek/Dixie Chicks Harmonies, Lunasa/Solais/Kila musicianship with bands ranging from REM to the Foo Fighters (more the lighter stuff), Goo Goo Dolls to John Mayer, Jamie Callum to Faithless, it will incorparate everything. the whole point of this project is that the band blends appropriately to fit the song. The idea is to establish a main group of musicians and then have a back up of a number of musicians that are available upon request to play at gigs or on certain tracks. For any more info please e-mail paul@shanners.com.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

sounds good, but you didnt mention the pogues - there must be a reason for that?

I can play guitar, bass and tin whistle

Advertisement