Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A good year to purchase an IS200?

Options
  • 24-05-2005 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

With the new IS200 coming out in November what effect will it have on current used IS200 prices? I'd imagine they should come down considerably after the new model arrives...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

True (ish),
    But the resale value will go down with it, so the overall gain may not be much.

I drove a 2.oL IS200 once, and to be honest, I was far from bowled over by it. Nice looking car though.

**EDIT**
    What lexus might do is add extras, without increasing the price, like vovlo did recently with the old S40, and peugeot did with the 306 (meridian).

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I've just noticed that more and more seem to be on the market through the buy and sell and others. Seems like people are getting wind of the new one and want to get rid of their current models so they won't take the depreciation hit when it arrives...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The old 3 series is the same there seems to be quite a few 03/04 models for sale privately.

Also maybe to do with the fact that the price of petrol is at an all time high for the last couple of months. I heard the IS200 2.0 V6 is a bit thirsty.

Thought it was the IS300 was a V6?

I think the IS200 gives on average 30mpg which ain't *too* bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

30MPG!!! that is fine for a 2L car imo,

considering my 1.4 megane does 34MPG.....

• Advertisement

Well i've heard of 2.0L cars getting considerably better than that but they were cars from early to mid 90's so i guess they would have been much lighter then too...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

DukeDredd wrote:
    Thought it was the IS300 was a V6?

I think the IS200 gives on average 30mpg which ain't *too* bad...

Both the IS200 and IS300 are V6 VVTi engines.

Ah - i stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Oh and it really *does* sound bee-you-tee-fool when you hoof it :D

(shame it had less internal room than my Impreza, I'd be driving one by now ;) )

Advertisement