Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room/rooms needed (again)

Options
  • 24-05-2005 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Right we're getting worried now! 2 of us need single/double rooms in Maynooth....easy enough at this time of year you might think...nope....I need to be as near to the village as possible as I'll be commuting in to Dublin next year so want to be near buses and trains....and my housemate is working in Kairos so she wants to be smack bang in the middle of Maynooth too....maybe we're spoilt after living in Parson Street but I never realised it'd be this difficult....Beaufield and everything that direction are out and so are Kingsbry etc cause she thinks it's too far.

Anyway if anyone knows of any rooms near the village (Doctor's Lane, Parson Court/Lodge/Street etc....) let me know.

And yes I know we're lazy bit.ches!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

finished exam, yEs!

A bus leaves the top of Cluainn Aobhinn (speeling) every morning at 7.30 so beafuiled/sollege green and all that shouldn't be out of the Q

I'm goin back to the roost now...laetr

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ya for next year, you could live over on the parklans side of town too, due to closeness to train and bus stops (66 and 67a all have stops before the one on main street - if you know this already eh sorry!)

i'll give you a shout later today about somewhere to live for the summer, you may end up having to take a place for the summer and then look again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

lordgoat wrote:
    ya for next year, you could live over on the parklans side of town too, due to closeness to train and bus stops (66 and 67a all have stops before the one on main street - if you know this already eh sorry!)

i'll give you a shout later today about somewhere to live for the summer, you may end up having to take a place for the summer and then look again...

Yeah I've been offered a place in Doctor's Lane just for the summer....I'd take it if nothing else came up but I hate all the crap that goes with looking for somewhere to live and then having to move again in September. Looks like we'll have to split up and live seperately. Oh well.

ixus wrote:
    finished exam, yEs!

A bus leaves the top of Cluainn Aobhinn (speeling) every morning at 7.30 so beafuiled/sollege green and all that shouldn't be out of the Q

I'm goin back to the roost now...laetr

Yeah thanks for waking me up lastnight ya Langer!! :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

i think it was barry's newsagents there is something in parsons street advertised.

• Advertisement

Woohoo!!! It can't get any better. Got a LOVELY house on Parson Street (even closer to the Roost than we were....like 2 seconds closer....it makes SUCH a difference in heels!! ;) ) which means we don't have to leave the most perfect location in Maynooth and we don't have to split up.

Plust I got a job on the Moyglare Road for the summer so HAPPY DAYS!!!

Yippidy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Each to their own & all that - but why oh why would anyone want to spend 4 months in Maynooth! I am sorry - but yeh I was in college down there for a few years and I just never took the place! I found that people either loved it or hated it - there was no in-between!
    At least the rent has gotta be cheaper than in Dublin - that and Dublin bus were the only things that kept me sane in my first year of college! After that I just commuted for the remainder of my time in there!

Anyway enjoy!

robo wrote:
    Each to their own & all that - but why oh why would anyone want to spend 4 months in Maynooth! I am sorry - but yeh I was in college down there for a few years and I just never took the place! I found that people either loved it or hated it - there was no in-between!
    At least the rent has gotta be cheaper than in Dublin - that and Dublin bus were the only things that kept me sane in my first year of college! After that I just commuted for the remainder of my time in there!

Anyway enjoy!

No there is in between people too....believe me I don't love the place....but I don't hate it either....I'm content here. It's not exactly the most exciting place on the planet but it's nice and for now that will do me. Think it's all down to the friends you make....it's the people that make a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

ClareBear wrote:
    Think it's all down to the friends you make....it's the people that make a place.

Oh big time and it is great when you make fantastic friends that make life so much better! You definitely hit the nail on the head!
    I have to say though - I must have some feelings for Maynooth & the college as I am always having a peek in here to see what life is like these days :)

robo wrote:
    Oh big time and it is great when you make fantastic friends that make life so much better! You definitely hit the nail on the head!
    I have to say though - I must have some feelings for Maynooth & the college as I am always having a peek in here to see what life is like these days :)

Ah yeah, you never forget your college days....even if they were in boring old Maynooth ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement