Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caller ID Withheld buster?

• 24-05-2005 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any idea if the technology to defeat 'Caller ID Withheld' is widely available? Also, if so is it legal?

i.e. some funk head is continually calling the house here from a withheld number and then hanging up (almost definitely his/her mobile) and I want to know what the number is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Dont think its possible...

Maybe phone Gardaí / phone company and report the abuse.. Or if you have a friend in either see what they can do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I dont think its possible.. would it not require a line trace?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

talk to eircom or who is your phone vendor,,,they have a department for these sort of situations, i think they can do something <<<
    seems oxymoron that DO SOMETHING = EIRCOM!!!!!
    :):):)

g'LUCK

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

As i dont know the legality of this topic I am closing it and will leave you with the adice to contact your phone supplier to help you out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement