Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for loan of network cable tester

Options
  • 24-05-2005 4:58pm
    Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

Don't know if anyone will do this be here goes anyways...

I'm looking to borrow(rent?) a cable tester from someone for about a week or so. I've just moved into the new gaff :) and managed to run cable all over the place before the plasterboard went up.

However the plasterer saw to it that he cut the excess foot or so off each end of the cables that were left in every room - including the number stickers that I had gone to great lengths to put on. So now I have 60 odd cables numbered at one end in the attic and not the other :(

Thus my request - seeing as theres so few cables to be checked I can't really afford to fork out for a tester to keep - I only want to bell out the cable and make sure the're all OK.

Is there any kind soul who has a cable tester they could do without for a week or so...? I'll pay for postage each way (I'm in Kilkenny) and perhaps a small rental fee.

I promise to take good care of said tester and will return it as soon as I'm finished with it.

Thanks in advance

S.

Comments

Advertisement