Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirtaKon - DCU Anime Con

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

w00t might pop along for a bit,now that I know it is on......tenner you say...dcu you say...anime you say. \o/
    Must see if I know anyone going cos that would make things easier due to not wandering around on my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dragon Master

Hey, you don't have to pay extra to actually watch the screenings do ya? Or is it like all you-can-watch for the 6/10 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Ah, no, we aren't trying to do anything underhanded like that :)

The only other charges in the actual convention are if you want to play games (RPG, Gundam, etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Omg, I was there! Who went? Who went!? It was deadly! I was there for the three days. Sittin' downstairs playing DBZ Budokai 3 and Streetfighter, buying stuff offthe asian guy and watching Anime and random videos upstairs! Woo! And I came third place in the quiz!! It was really fun. I bought a good bit of stuff...Ed's Watch. It works and has the carving in it, and I got Roy's gloves. I can set people alight now, woo!! I also got 8 posters, Chobits characters, An iron-on patch, I got 7 badges for 11 euro, a manga and something else...Can't remember. Oh well! I think it was an Alphonse plushie...Or arm bands...Something like that. And I got a free t-shirt that was bought in pennys for 3:50 and the little girl with the bulge was put on it...It's like, three sizes too big though. Oh well! I cosplayed as Dark Chii and dressed up as a cat girl saturday...So, it was fun. Yay. I hope it'll be more organized next year though...Okay, TTFN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The pub quiz was a lot of fun...

I learned so many new things... such as the fact that Optimus Prime didn't die from syphilis.

And trying to drink as many of those twisty shots as possiple during the single episode of Eva made Saturday morning very interesting for me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dragon Master

I was there on Saturday. Can't think of anything to add to that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

OK so going to the next one.....damn drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

i made it for sat as well, got introduced to full metal panic, pity i missed blood, helsing and champloo, the amv vids were pure class, Cult any chance of throwing them up for download,..please, the chinpokomon one was cool.

got meself a cool xl tshirt, pity i is a size l, oh well least i got 1. think i'll frame it, saw Cult and art-wolf got the Ubercool red t-shirts,

fair dues to you lads for organisin the event,

cade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I only got to teh Friday.

Missed Samurai 7. Skipped to the quiz and that was great craic.

No drinking game though?! :eek:

Kudos to monkeyfudge for putting me up for the night in the end, next morning was very :v:!

How did the Mecha-in-an-Hour thing on Saturday go? That looked fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

I did'nt go to Eirtakon. Pity, I'm sure it was a lot of laughs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The drinking game was there, ended up just being 1 episode of eva though. Was the best fun ever, I won't be able to look at Eva the same way again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

That was copious amounts of fun (The con I mean, I was absent for the drinking game).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ChrisCross

Had a great time at Ertikon. Cheers for puttin it on. Would love to see another. Kick ass weekend. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buttermilk

Yeah, the con was great fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Art_Wolf wrote:
    To get this off with a bang we have enlisted the aid of as many groups around Ireland as we could think of!

Er... You know, they teach animation in DLIADT (Dun Laoighaire) and BCFE (Ballyfermot).

I know it's a bit late, but if you're doing this again next year I strongly recommend you get on to them too, because I doubt animation students would turn down a shindig like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Damn it >_< ...i wanted to go but i didnt find out about it till at the boards beers and then i was too drunk to show up on sunday :S

Was this a once a year thing or will something like it be happening again anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

a5y wrote:
    Er... You know, they teach animation in DLIADT (Dun Laoighaire) and BCFE (Ballyfermot).

So... you think everyone should make an anime together...?
    a5y wrote:
    I know it's a bit late, but if you're doing this again next year I strongly recommend you get on to them too, because I doubt animation students would turn down a shindig like this!

Yea I didn't. :p

Advertisement