Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling your home - yourself??

Options
  • 24-05-2005 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Howdy all

Anyone got experience of selling their own home without the help of estate agents?

Ws it successful? Hard to advertise and get viewers? Market price achieved?

I've looked at some of the Irish self-selling websites but they are fairly dire with hardly any properties on them(not a good sign)

Thanks in advance!!

RJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try advertising on www.daft.ie, www.let.ie (The People Newspaper Group) and www.loadza.com (Independent group papers).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

hire an agent. yes they are a waste of money and time but they pay for themselves by presenting a 'professional' image to your property ensuring the highest bid possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Rubens

Presentation of the property is not a problem in terms of photos(including digital for internet use). The worry I have is enough exposure to get the bidders going....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I've sold 4 houses in the last 10 years and I don't know what the big deal is. Put a sign up in your garden and away you go. Simple as that.
    The last house I sold got 10K more than the exact same house up the road and it was with an agent. Agents are a waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Jnealon wrote:
    Agents are a waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned.

correct, if this was a perfect world there would be no middle men like solicitors, estate agents etc. unfortunately sometimes u have to accept that it isnt a perfect world. putting a sign in a garden is fine for a property in a mature residential area with houses in great demand, where u can pitch your price against recently closed sales. just seems slightly unprofessional but i suppose if someone wants it they will overcome this and u will get the same money ish as an agent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement