Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone tight...?!

Options
  • 24-05-2005 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

I have a bill pay phone and tis a Motorola V525. Awful nuisance for texting and some other things that I find easier on a Nokia. Anyway, I phoned Vodafone help center to see if I could get an upgrade. I have this 10 months this month, at €50 a pop per month and the cheeky ****ers said I had to wait till the year was up :eek: I mean come on, where's the sense in that?? I am seriously considering moving my business to someone who gives a sh1t!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dont consider moving.. just move. Im porting to Meteor within the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Which is what I did. I wanted to upgrade to a Blackberry. They said they would give me any phone other than the Blackberry, so I have just moved to O2. Even with the fine for breaking contract early on Vodafone, it's still a bit cheaper than paying the full amount, and also I'm with someone who seems to care more (I used to be with O2 before moving to Vodafone) than I've experienced during my time with vodafone. Vodafone customer service said they didnt care if I took my €100 - €200/month to o2, so I did. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

rymus wrote:
    dont consider moving.. just move.

And so I shall... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Is this one of those Cork things?

what an odd thing to say....

on a related note; I 'upgraded' at christmas, gave the upgrade phone to the missus, kept my own.. does that mean I'm tied into another 12 month contract? Curse my impatience for not reading the micro print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

rymus wrote:
    what an odd thing to say....

on a related note; I 'upgraded' at christmas, gave the upgrade phone to the missus, kept my own.. does that mean I'm tied into another 12 month contract? Curse my impatience for not reading the micro print.

Indeed it does Rymus. Your tied in for another 7 months or you can break the contract and pay termination charges of line rental for the 7 months (they'll lower it to the cheapest package €20 per month)

€20x7 = €140!

ah well... I guess I wont be moving to meteor and getting a 6230i then... thats a bit of a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

The moral of this story is never ever get a motorola!!

Advertisement