Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dish Suggestions?

• 24-05-2005 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Ok, i'm trying to cut costs in work. Currently i spend anything up to 50e in work on meals a week:eek:

Today i brought in some pasta and i spent 70c:D

So i'm looking for idea's on dishes.

Rules:

Must be HEALTHY!
    Must be easy to prepare the night before.
    If it needs to be hot then it's got to be suitabe for the microwave.

I'm open to anything really, i'm a big guy with a big appetite so don't go suggestion rice cakes and salad cos it won't cut it ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. Since then, I've just been looking up recipes on the likes of www.epicurious.com, picking one that sounds good, making too much of it for dinner, and nuking the leftovers (are they still leftovers when you do it on purpose?) in work the following day. Generally means I don't spend a cent more than I did in buying the ingredients in the first place, extortionate as the grocery bill may be. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

Today I brought in some mince(chilli left over from dinner yesterday), heated it in the microwave while sticking a pitta bread in the toaster, filled it and had a delicious lunch.
    Sometimes I use wraps and bring in some tuna and cheese, fill the wrap (dont do it the night before cos it'll go soggy) put it in the mic for a few seconds for a nice tuna melt.

Advertisement