Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeans for a skinny girl!

• 24-05-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

I usually wear size 8 clothes even if they're sometimes a bit big but for once, I'd like to get a tight-fitting pair of jeans, which seems to be near-impossible in Ireland. Any recommendations? Also, where could I get non-jean trousers for my size as well? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Miss Selfridge do alot of 6 & 8 sized clothes. Also try out Topshop as well. Their clothes better quality than M.S. And if you're petite, they've got a big enough section for ya! Bigger than the Tall section (which has 4 tops and 2 pairs of jeans!! Boo!)

Also check on the Jeans in Brown Thomas. Oh and Mango..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Larianne wrote:
    Miss Selfridge do alot of 6 & 8 sized clothes. Also try out Topshop as well. Their clothes better quality than M.S. And if you're petite, they've got a big enough section for ya! Bigger than the Tall section (which has 4 tops and 2 pairs of jeans!! Boo!)

Also check on the Jeans in Brown Thomas. Oh and Mango..

Which brands in BT would you recommend? I'll check out the other places too! It's just that I go crazy if I have to spend ages trying on stuff that just doesn't fit at all!

Thanks!

Well I've never bought any in there. They have a load of them though. Best thing is to ask the girls there and they'll help you with all that...low waist, flared, bootcut etc. I think they sell Miss Sixty in there and theres also a brand called Fornarnia (?) which are really nice jeans but I think could be a tad pricey! Check out Mango though. My friend is a size 6/8 and gets alot of her jeans there.

Yeah, Fornarina clothes are nice but a bit pricey. Mango sounds good, though!

Yep, defo Mango. They won't fall apart like Miss S or Topshop jeans. Also maybe try Zara and it's only across the street from mango!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Would you not try Miss Sixty, simu?

They do teeny tiny sizes.

tinkerbell wrote:
    Would you not try Miss Sixty, simu?

They do teeny tiny sizes.

I tried some of theirs once but the ásses were weird. But, I might try again.

(gosh, this post would seem strange, taken out of context)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

maybe river island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

if you want to splash out, buy a pair of seven for all mankind's from BT or BT2. never again in your life will you own such wonderfully-fitting, comfortable jeans. but you'd be looking at payign 150 minimum. citizens of humanity are other adorable designer jeans. otherwise, i love topshop jeans and they go down to size 6s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have always been told that Morgan and Miss Sixty do really small sizes, i.e. a size 8 should be a size 1...

Hmmm yummy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

if you want to splash out, buy a pair of seven for all mankind's from BT or BT2. never again in your life will you own such wonderfully-fitting, comfortable jeans

I couldnt have said it better myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wear a short skirt, alot better :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

try vero moda and pull and bear -

pull and bear do a size 32 - 34 which is a 6 and its quite tiny - the length of their jeans are long but you can always take them up - they also do nice cheapish non jeans trousers.

I got a deadly pair of combats in vero moda for e28 and that was in a size 34 which would be a small 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

It has to be said though, I buy size 8 jeans in most shops and I'm not really that skinny, so there is a problem with labelling there, what about Diesel, they do 24in waists and the like.

In saying most shops; Pull and Bear, Zara, Mango and the like HUGE sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Skinny girls rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 anz

Vero Moda on grafton street is definatly worth a look for 'skinny girl' jeans! And its only around 50euros for a pair!

Advertisement