Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit shake.

• 24-05-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I need to get myself a blender so i can make fruit drinks for after i go to the gym.

Now i finish in the gym at 6am so i'm usually pretty hungry as i haven't had anything to eat so this is probably the healthiest option and it will likely fill me up quite sufficiently!

What should i get? does anyone have any recipes?

I plan on getting a couple dozen of bananas, a bag or two of apples, strawberries, pineapple(is this expensive?) etc. What else can i get?

And what should i mix it with? milk? natural yogurt? bear in mind i want it to be as healthy as possible!

Plus i want to get about a litre a day down me!

Can anyone recommend a blender?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Got me one of these juicers. Not a blender as you request, but I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Try juice of 2 apples, 2 pears, 1 kiwi and mush/blend in a bananna. Yum.

Or, juice of 2 carrots, 1 apple and 1 orange. Carrot juice is surprisingly creamy, smells manky, but tastes yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

if you want to try the smoothie route (ie blender)

Handful of strawberries (maybe more depending on the size of strawberries)
    300 ml of milk
    3 big spoons of natural yogert
    1 banana
    a drizzle or two of honey

That will make about a pint :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bootgal

Get frozen summer berries. they are gorgeous! add some natural yoghurt and maybe an orange or two--- delicieux!

i find that mangoes are always lovely in juices too.just after making one there actually. 1 mango
    2 oranges
    2 spoons of natural yoghurt
    and honey!! i use a hand whisk, find the washing up of the big juice makers quite painful..

Advertisement