Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stupid Drivers

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've had situations recently on the M11 where I've seen a biker in my mirror a distance behind me as I'm busy overtaking a line of cars doing 120km/h or thereabouts. I decide to be nice and start indicating left just before I finish the overtaking manoeuvre to let him know that I'm going to move over. Just get past the last car and start to move over to the left, still indicating, and what does the eejit do? Yes, he undertakes me as I'm pulling back in! It's happened a few times recently, and I really have to ask what planet these people are on. (P.S. Yes my indicators are all working ... I checked.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

shabbyroad wrote:

I spend my commute home on the M50 watching out for bikers who travel along the broken line between the two lanes. I'm sure they have no idea how much danger they're putting themselves in - they're undertaking drivers who are already overtaking.

Not sure what speeds we are talking about there.
    Bikes running down between the lanes here is pretty commonplace without incident. However, we are talking about slow moving/crawling traffic and bikes, maybe 30mph and less or thereabouts.

Cutting between two cars doing 50+ on a bike doing an even greater speed is a recipie for disaster.

Or the more usual accident case about here, someone clipping between slow/stalled traffic doing about 20~30 more than the slower traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

AMurphy wrote:
    Not sure what speeds we are talking about there. Bikes running down between the lanes here is pretty commonplace without incident. However, we are talking about slow moving/crawling traffic and bikes, maybe 30mph and less or thereabouts.

Cutting between two cars doing 50+ on a bike doing an even greater speed is a recipie for disaster.
    It's not an uncommon sight here to see bikers weaving in and out of traffic that's already doing 100-120km/h. N11/M11 is a nightmare as far as that's concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Alun wrote:
    It's not an uncommon sight here to see bikers weaving in and out of traffic that's already doing 100-120km/h. N11/M11 is a nightmare as far as that's concerned.

I'll agree on that one.
    Pity really, I have no problem moving over for a bike when I'm stalled and they are "threading" through stalled traffic.

However, I have yet to see anyone on a bike trying to "weave" among traffic that is already doing 50+ on the highway... unless they are nuts/drunk/drugged in which case the cops would probably define it as a "no fault" incident.
    Your average Harley biker about here is a very civilized driver by comparison.... save for the exhaust noise.

Advertisement