Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube Lens Question

Options
  • 24-05-2005 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I got a friend of mine to get me a preowned Gamecube for me in gamestop at the weekend. And I've only got to try it out today with a game. The game is Lord of The Rings : Return of the King. The game loads up, but during the intro movies it say cannot read disc, its not exactly the same place everytime, sometimes the error comes up immediately when you pick your language. The dvd looks a wee bit scratched but nothing major and I have had plenty of similiar looking discs working on my xbox. So I want to know is this typical of a fecked lens, or do you think the game is the problem(Im hoping its the later and was thinking if the lens was fecked, the game wouldnt start at all). My friend said the game works fine on his, but i dont know when he last played it and I wont see him for a few days. I wont get my hands on other gamecube games for a few days. It cost me 50 euros for the gamecube but since I've moved home from college, its gonna cost me about 1/3 of that just to be able to go back to get a refund :( . And can anyone tell me do gamestop even check out consoles that are traded in?

Cheers

edit: anyone know if tweaking the laser fixs problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

try it on a different game. anywho they have to take it back and eplace if its faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Are the scratches on the disc circular, meaning do they go round the disc or do they go from the centre to the edge in a straight line? If they follow the edge of the disc it could be the problem. Look for scratches like that near the inside edge of the disc because that's where the start of the disc is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try another game tbh

i got disc read errors all the time when playing a preowned copy of zelda. everything else i've owned has worked perfectly

Advertisement