Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Piece of Music in Final Fantasy.

Options
  • 24-05-2005 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Heres one for you , what is the best/your favorite piece of music in any final fantasy game. From the looks of other threads though I doubt it will stay restricted to one so by all means post as many as you see fit.

FFVII - the music where you climb up to first see the shinra building (the thing with the bell in it)

FFVIII - I cant remember exactly where the music is but it has something to do with the sorceress

FFIX - Didnt get much music from this , it all seemed slightly <insert suitable word>

FFX - Omg ... Whats this , rock music in final fantasy . Definately has to Other World - completes the battle with Jecht too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

FFVII: World Map music :)

FVIII: The opening theme...fantastic track

FFX: I dont know what the music im thinking of is called, but i swear i heard it in 28 Days Later (the film) yesterday.....can someone confirm this?

Too many other good pieces of music to list.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

FFVII - World Map Theme, One Winged Angel
    FFVIII - Liberali Fatali (Opening theme), Eyes On Me
    FFIX - Melodies Of Life was good, but thats about it I think
    FFX - Everything! Suteki Da Ne especially, one of the best video game songs ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FFI: Crossing the bridge theme. Classic FF
    FFII: Overworld theme is rather special
    FFIII: Can't remember :rolleyes:
    FFIV: Red Wings theme. What a way to open a game. Honourable mention to 'the dreadful fight' that plays during the big boss fights
    FFV: 'The decisive battle' that plays during the big boss fights. Love the drum beat. Honourable mention to 'cursed earths'
    FFVI: Hands down to the best piece of music composed for FF is Terra's theme. I will always remember the scene when it plays during the credit sequence.
    FFVII: Best soundtrack of any game bar Vagrant story and panzer dragoon orta and Saga. Aeris theme is really beautiful. Full of tragedy. Honourable mention to the golden saucer..., I mean overworld theme. And also to 'You can hear the cry of the planet'. Actually too many to mention :)
    FFVIII: Liberi Fatali of course but I liked the balamb garden theme as well. Eyes on me sucks dairylea and smells like blue cheese.
    FFIX: Great soundtrack. Freyas theme was my favourite
    FFX: The Boss battle music or the music that plays while
    fighting yu yevon
    . Didn't think too much of nobuo uematsu's contributions strangely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

FFVI: Aria de Mezzo Carraterre, Celes's Theme, Awakening, and Terra's theme
    FFVII: One Winged Angel and Aerith's theme. The Reunion remakes of them are amazing. I also like Cid's theme and J-E-N-O-V-A.
    FFVIII: Goes without saying Liberi Fatali, and the Landing as well. Though this could be more to do with the fact that the FMV's that accompany them are amazing as well.
    FFIX: The soundtrack that stands out least in my mind, tbh. Its a bit bland, nothing really stood out - and I'm replaying it through right now. I do like the piano solo they play whenever Beatrix was around though.
    FFX: The Zanarkand piano solo. Very poignant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Anyone know where there any tabs etc.. for any of this music.

About the FFVII world map theme - I can do nothing but hate it because it is so hammered into your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

What about www.bluelaguna.net. They've pretty much all the tracks from ff7 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Infini wrote:
    What about www.bluelaguna.net. They've pretty much all the tracks from ff7 up.
    Ah yes, their forums are one of my favourites... can be a bit plauged though.

www.eyesonff.com have a fair amount of them too

Thats the stuff , ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Anyone know where there any tabs etc.. for any of this music.
    http://www.ffsymphony.net/sheet.htm has a lot, but its mostly piano though... if guitar is your instrument then you'd best look elsewhere or try to figure them out for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Aeris' Theme. So so moving..... There's a kickass one on FFV aswell. Can't think of the name. Oh! And the victory song when one wins a chocobo race at the Gold Saucer. Can listen to it for aaaaaaaaages.

• Advertisement

Is that choco win song that jingly electro sounding song?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

electro de chocobo. Should be the ringtone of every FF fan.

I used to have the FFVII boss music as a ringtone on my 3210. Ah , the good old days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Crass

I have to say in Final Fantasy VII the world map theme from the first disk. I love it, well constructed and brings back so many memories for me about the game. My first Final Fantasy and it captivated me for months, honestly. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Well tbh this is a tough question, I've always liked the music, Sephiroths- One winged angel theme has got to be up there in the favourites, Aswell as Reds theme, well pretty much any song from VII puts a smile on my face..... VIII has some good ones too, the Balamb theme is nice and relaxing.

Just off topic , but has anyone notice how screwed up you get for a while after finishing a Final Fantasy. I re-finished FFX last night and you know it messes you up for a while (but not as much the second time , thankfully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Crass

It takes me to play through a game again to grasp the story, but after finishing it for the first time you have to wait another 2 years for the next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

VI- I liked all of the music :D
    VII- Jenova absolute, electric de chocobo or Sending a dream into the universe (it sounds nice played on classical guitar :) )
    VIII- I like the main theme (Liberi Fatali?) there were other memorable tracks but I can't recall them at the moment
    IX- nothing comes to mind....
    X- That metally thing played in the intro

btw, Citizen_Erased, if you are still looking for tabs try www.powertabs.net they have mostly songs from VII but I think they have some VI,VIII and IX too.

Cool , thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭c3van5

Aeris theme is really beautiful. i have the ringtone!

Advertisement