Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

...Sin City

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i personally didnt like it and thought it was boring but it was an orginal style and ive seen alot worse
    i prefered star wars 3 over it and im really hoping the new batman will be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Fysh, what is the point of having a spoiler when you call your post "Hartigan's last words"!?!?

Thanks man i haven't seen it yet.

:D too funny! It just means the last words he says in the film.

The "Oirish" accents pìssed me off a little but then again a lot of the lingo was supposed to be corny ("broads", "dames" etc), so I am choosing to believe that they purposely wanted a stereotypically naff Irish accent.

I have heard worse, but it went from Dublin to Belfast, while doing a round trip of Ireland) - like someone has already said, there can't be that much of a shortage of actual Irish people in Hollywood. Colin Farrell may have suited the role - he is good at pretending that he isn't posh.

I didn't see any people leaving - there were some 20-something year old girls behind me who kept muttering in shocked country accents how violent the film was, but from the looks of them they seemed more suited to a film that involved cute fluffy bunnies, puppy dogs and ice cream.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Fysh, what is the point of having a spoiler when you call your post "Hartigan's last words"!?!?

Thanks man i haven't seen it yet.

Fair point, I suppose. Although in the context of the film, you shouldn't read that much into the post header - unless you've actually read the spoiler, it'll still catch you by surprise, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fysh wrote:
    Fair point, I suppose. Although in the context of the film, you shouldn't read that much into the post header - unless you've actually read the spoiler, it'll still catch you by surprise, I think.

Sorry i took it as being his last words (as in dying), glad doesn't mess up film or anything! :)
    Just hate watchin a movie when i know a mojor character is going to die from the start, kinda takes something away from their contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

I went to see it with the girl-friend and she was freaking out a little! It was a little bit overly violent, but then the graphic novel of the same name was too. Don't wanna post any spoilers, but I will say this - Hartigan with O'Rourke Jnr. and taking away his weapons... That was so gross, not to mention disconcerting if you catch my drift :). By the way, they really got across the stink of that guy really well. My girl-friend said afterwards she could almost smell him. Maybe she was trying to tell me something... Gotta say I still preferred Star Wars III, I'm also really looking forward to seeing Mr. & Mrs. Smith, that looks like a good movie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Saw it last night, absolutely loved this film. Loved the cinematography, the characters and their stories, the dialogue, the sometimes (intentionally) stilted acting style (fitted in well with the film, I found).......best film I've seen all year, to be honest. As a previous member posted, it's a nice OTT homage to classic film noir and, by all accounts in this thread, a faithful adaptation of the comic books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Glad to see you're using your work experience to full effect, YeatsCounty! ;)

Seen the film last April... posted my review of it then. As everyone on the Film Board knew, i was whoring this film to the nth degree! :D

The film is excellent... and even better with repeated viewings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

basquille wrote:
    Glad to see you're using your work experience to full effect, YeatsCounty! ;)

Seen the film last April... posted my review of it then. As everyone on the Film Board knew, i was whoring this film to the nth degree! :D

The film is excellent... and even better with repeated viewings!
    I'm validating and encrypting like goodo Basquille, don't blame me if my work PC is the second slowest known to Man! :p (Well, it's not that bad, but VS makes it slower than the Sligo football teams defence.)

I didn't see that review, I've only rejoined Boards last week. I gave up on retrieving the password for my old nick, so i'll start from scratch. I'm can't wait to get Sin City on DVD!

Advertisement