Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom dsl problem

• 24-05-2005 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

i was wondering if anyone has experianced this problem im having.when im connected here surfing the web or playing games online my connection just stops :( the dsl light on the modem is still lit but im disconnected from the internet.i click on restart connection on my modem page and it takes an eternity to reconnect.sometimes it will stay connected for mabey 1/2 an hour and sometimes it disconnects straight away,which is driving me nuts.

eircom are sod all help tbh and before i ring them again i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what could be happening,btw i have all the dsl filters in place.all help gladly accepted :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

What area are you in? My parents had this problem with IOL in D4 and I had it with IOL in Christchurch. The only solution I found was to switch to NTL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

:eek: dont tell me that...lol.there must be a solution somewhere ill just have to work it out.btw i live in longford so ntl isnt an option for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Okay, I'm gonna sound like an Eircom rep here (which I can assure you I'm not)so I apologise in advance.

Try plugging in your router directly into your primary phone socket without the filters installed. Now, try it out (if possible) to see if it stays connected and accessible.

If it's working then it maybe a faulty filter, phone Eircom and they'll send new ones out to you.

If it doesnt then its either a faulty router or a problem down at your exchange. In either case an Eircom engineer will have to be called (but first maybe you should try get a loan of a friends modem to test it out).

One last question, are you connected wirelessly to the router? If you are, then it could be (a large amount) of interference that is preventing you accessing the web, this could be due to other wireless networks nearby or just a poor signal from your PC to the router. try connecting it via ethernet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

i have tried a different modem and different filter as well but to no avail :( so far tonite i havent been disconnected :D and i have switched off the wireless on the router totaly,ive heard there are leaches out there...lol.

if i get more disconnects ill try using the main phone socket at the weekend,too much trouble to do it before then...lol.thanks for your replys though

Advertisement