Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf2 demo

Options
  • 24-05-2005 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

looks like demo going to be out on the 16th of june \o/

bf2

on top of page right hand side

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Im just gona go out a buy it not waiting for any more movie screen shots or any demos. Hope it runs OK on my system BFV isent great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I should hopefully ahve most of the parts for my new system by then, will be a bit of craic playtesting smile.gif

Hopefully the game gets on the shelves on time for GLXIV at the start of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ill get the demo and see if it runs on the laptop. Obviously with minimal settings. But if it can get it to run in any way playable form will buy it for the lappy. If not its upgrading here we go.

Wonder if work will buy me a new xps or alienware. You need that for excel right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

feck away for that weekend....will have to wait until the 20th to test on system......if not running well I will have to do a quick upgrade!!!

• Advertisement

Im just gona go out a buy it not waiting for any more movie screen shots or any demos. Hope it runs OK on my system BFV isent great tbh.

BFV was a good game I thought!! Heli's made it.....want to challange NRG for a game if you have clan setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A BF2 demo would be nice. I'd put on these machine's for a LAN:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

wtf are Ea thinkin, what is teh point of releasing a demo one day before the release of the game. id almost say id boycott it if it wasnt going to be an empty threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

wtf are Ea thinkin, what is teh point of releasing a demo one day before the release of the game. id almost say id boycott it if it wasnt going to be an empty threat.
    I suppose its good in the sense that people can playtest the game and see if it runs ok on their rigs before they commit to buy it, as a few people said above.

I'll probably download the demo so I can play a day early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yea, will download a demo too

but the rumors indicate demo will come on 10th of June

and trust me it will! I'm willing to bet 1 million dollars on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I'm also doing a patch up upgrade for the game also.

Going to try my luck with the 6800 LE softmod.

I also thought (due to rumours) that the demo was going
    to be out a week before the game, making a june 10th
    demo relase date seem possible....smile.gif.
    I'm just gona go out a buy it not waiting for any more movie screen shots or any demos

hehe.

I have nearly 3 gigs of Battlefield 2 vids and screenshots now!! and I'm
    always downloading the new ones.

Latest footage of a Special Ops guy destroying a bridge is pretty cool.

Big Nelly wrote:
    BFV was a good game I thought!! Heli's made it.....want to challange NRG for a game if you have clan setup?

Yep sure do we only have 7 members atm with another 3-4 doing exams and waiting till that ends. But dam right would be be up for a match. We are currently borrowing players from the 1st-ib COD team for our matches. But im sure we would give ya a game real soon.

Add me to youre msn if ya have one and we can talk more about it, barrkell@hotmail.com. also im spookydon on Xfire if ya have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

ya sounds like a good idea,
    my msn is ak47@1st-ib.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

Big Nelly wrote:
    want to challange NRG for a game if you have clan setup?

lol nelly u never miss a trick do u :p

He is dam right take every chance you get for a game of battlefeild.

BF42 had a demo before the release. It took off. Great game. People were still playing the demo well after the game came out.

BFV had no demo. It sucked. People still play BF41.

BF2 will have a demo. It will rule. People will play the demo, develop a taste for it, and then buy the full game. Also, if EA does the trick of
    1)demo, lots of servers
    2)game comes out, less servers
    3)SFA servers, everyone buys the game
    which it did for BF42...

Yes, but 42 had a demo well over a month before its release, this is one day, I think thats Karma's point.

And BF:V did have a demo about a month after its release.

Yep sure do we only have 7 members atm with another 3-4 doing exams and waiting till that ends. But dam right would be be up for a match. We are currently borrowing players from the 1st-ib COD team for our matches. But im sure we would give ya a game real soon.

Add me to youre msn if ya have one and we can talk more about it, barrkell@hotmail.com. also im spookydon on Xfire if ya have that.

Mate just checking with clan now for availabilty!!! would be a good laugh!!! another Irish clan is welcome!! maybe get this NRG v TIG stuff settled once and for all.......
    fli wrote:
    lol nelly u never miss a trick do u

Told you I was cool.....didnt I? maybe not but youy should know!!!! BIG NELLY IS KING

Sorry if abit off topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Big Nelly wrote:
    another Irish clan is welcome!! maybe get this NRG v TIG stuff settled once and for all.......

I didnt know there were still any stuff going on. TiG have grown to quite a large scale anyway and are no longer the little small irish clan :( ... We are that large growing European clan...

mmm 2nd place CB Cup \o/

Actually .... I should start working and stop browsing....

Winters wrote:
    I didnt know there were still any stuff going on. TiG have grown to quite a large scale anyway and are no longer the little small irish clan :( ... We are that large growing European clan...

mmm 2nd place CB Cup \o/

Actually .... I should start working and stop browsing....

No bad feelings from me mate! wish you all the best!!! still a 3rd BF clan is good for Ireland......

Now I must get back to work(sleeping at desk after last nite in pub watchin game) and make some money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ive already been internet shopping this morning. I think its about time I worked and made the money I spent back...

More clans are fun but as long as there are enough people to be in them. Having too many clans and too few players would just destroy everything and work out worse for everyone :(

Winters wrote:
    Ive already been internet shopping this morning. I think its about time I worked and made the money I spent back...

More clans are fun but as long as there are enough people to be in them. Having too many clans and too few players would just destroy everything and work out worse for everyone :(

We are international now anyway! I think TIG are the same......

Anyway once BF2 comes out I can see a big influx of new players online with the price of BB going down all the time so soon there should be some more recruits....

Anyway back to demo! can see company LAN been destroyed for a while when we get used to playing BF2......choppers from what I have read are for skilled players again but wait till you see on server muppets waiting at heli pads to hop in....fly off with nobody and crash into the first tree.....same as BFV when it was first released!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Big Nelly wrote:
    Anyway once BF2 comes out I can see a big influx of new players online with the price of BB going down all the time so soon there should be some more recruits....

I agree.

I hope to join a clan once it is released.

Now finished Exams and looking forward to demo goodness :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Shiny wrote:
    I'm also doing a patch up upgrade for the game also.

Going to try my luck with the 6800 LE softmod.

I also thought (due to rumours) that the demo was going
    to be out a week before the game, making a june 10th
    demo relase date seem possible....smile.gif.

ah man i hate to find a pube on your cheesecake but i had a 6800LE and it was absolutely TERRIBLE at playing BFV (and thats with a gig of ram behind it and an A64 3000). It was choppy as hell, sometimes when flying the screen would pause for up to 5 seconds or so and when its un paused youd be crashed and long dead, and the softmods are dodgy at best, they tend to have a 50/50 chance of either working really well, or not working at all. I sold mine and bout an X800 pro, best decision i ever made.

Looking forward to the demo tho, as bfv's getting a little boring now.

Shiny wrote:
    I agree.

I hope to join a clan once it is released.

Now finished Exams and looking forward to demo goodness :D.

Join NRG...... :D

I agree that BFV is getting a bit boring.....but still if you have a good few people you know on a server having a good game it can be a great laugh......

The short Q & A session conducted by TiG's own Fairy with a DICE Spokesdude can now be viewed on the The Irish Guard's Main Page.

The short Q & A session conducted by TiG's own Fairy with a DICE Spokesdude can now be viewed on the The Irish Guard's Main Page.

Not much new stuff here...was reading it last week......

Part about the Q-hud not being automatic is a pain but it always gives you an advantage over newer players when on a Public server.....but then setting all your mines along the road only for some idiot to come along and drive into them all and he is on same team.....then they give out to you!!!! :eek:

The part about the ranks is a bit strange....so I guess it is tied into this new World Wide rating system? wonder how many points you need? for each rank.....are the ranks that are harder to get better and will this mean that if someone has all the ranks they have a distinct advantage over the rest of the players on a server??

All sounds interesting anyway and I cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I think the ranks are more like the ranking in enemy territory nelly, IE the better you play, the more points you get, the higher your rank goes up

Deadwing wrote:
    I think the ranks are more like the ranking in enemy territory nelly, IE the better you play, the more points you get, the higher your rank goes up
    Aye. Also to get rig of kill-stat whores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

the_syco wrote:
    Aye. Also to get rig of kill-stat whores.

yep, that sucks :(

Advertisement