Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP WiFi

Options
  • 24-05-2005 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I was in the Pav in Trinity the other day and noticed that they've got wifi in there, so I was wondering could my psp work on it.

I'm heading in tomorrow to watch the CL final so does anyone know how to set it up to use the wifi in Trinity or if its even possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You can only update your firmware over WiFi currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Or in link battles against another PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Stoichkov wrote:
    I was in the Pav in Trinity the other day and noticed that they've got wifi in there, so I was wondering could my psp work on it.

I'm heading in tomorrow to watch the CL final so does anyone know how to set it up to use the wifi in Trinity or if its even possible?
    wireless in tcd used EAP authentication, so i doubt the PSP supports that...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have been able to pick up the trinity wifi signal when going past on the DART but I have never had enough time to try it out.

At the moment the PSP only supports WEP authentication so it may not be able to connect to the trinity network. However, I do remember it classing the network as 'unsecure'. Next time Im in trinity I might give it a go.

If you want to browse the net using your PSP, as mentioned above you will need to use WipeoutPure and the 'browser hack' for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Funnily enough I tried this yesterday in the pav - maybe one of you lot were there and saw me trying it?

Anyway - even though it picked up an 80% unencryped signal it was unable to find an access point - apparently to get onto the wifi network in trinity you have to have your mac address added to trinities list over at the computer support or something...

All I know is that even with laptops it's not simply pick up wifi and surf - I think they have made it a bit more secure for trinity. Pity. That said I've had success surfing the net in other places - and yes the PSP CAN go on the net whenever you come across unprotected wifi hotspots. Just change your primary DNS setting to a PSP portal site and run wipeout's download function. et viola - free internet on the go.

The wipeout browser is pretty good by the way - its easy to navigate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

there's a wifi hotspot on Dawson St (the phonebox outside Hogis Figis), I doubt you'd need to register your mac address on that.

is there one anywhere on liffey street/ abbey street - near the boardwalk or near Arnotts?

merci beaucoup

Advertisement