Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 'national' coverage

Options
  • 25-05-2005 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Does anybody else live somewhere with no or a very weak Meteor reception?

Where I live you can get 1 bar on a Nokia intermittently - usually nothing - I even complained to the advertising standards authority about their advertising 'national coverage' and they said something like the definition of national is 98% population (and not geographic) coverage...

It's a right bugger as if I could use Meteor I'd save alot of euros. Alot of my calls are to UK which are included in Meteor tariff minutes and cheaper once you go over your allowance. O2 rates are extortionate enough, let alone Vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭kyper

I live between Athlone and Ballinasloe and they used to have ok coverage there but for the last year or so it has degraded. I use meteor when I'm in college in Dublin and when I'm home I have to try send texts 5 or 6 times before they actually send and as for phone calls, well they last a few seconds and then I get cut off or cant hear anything.

They really should get thier act together. They claimed that the reason that signal went crap is because they are upgrading thier network which I think is a typical FOB tactic. Are meteor going to become just another eircom and fob everyone off to avoid a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

actually Meteor have a national roaming agreement with O2 so if you are out of Meteor Network coverage you should be switching over to the O2 network...make sure that your sim is capable of this...give meteor a call to check the sim capability

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

The agreement with O2 isnt national

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

if you don't mind me aasking what is the agreement with O2 then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

bkehoe is right. THe O2 roaming only covers certain counties - look on their website. And the county I'm in ain't one of them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

actually Meteor have a national roaming agreement with O2 so if you are out of Meteor Network coverage you should be switching over to the O2 network...make sure that your sim is capable of this...give meteor a call to check the sim capability

Also if an O2 customer is regestering off the same ceel as a meteor customer and the cell is close to capacity, the meteor customer will get bumped as the O2 customer has preference.

Ya won't hear about that in their ads or on their site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

So much for competition and consumer choice!

Advertisement