Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

drive way bar

Options
  • 25-05-2005 7:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Not a pub in ur drive way! But im looking to find out the name of the security bar that some ppl put at the front of their driveway. Any one? Its a bar that in the evenings u put in the ground up towards the front of ur drive way, normally has a lock on the bottom.

Anyone know what they are called and where u can get them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

They're called security posts.
    This place http://www.centinel.org.uk/centinel_c2.htm might have an Irish agent. You could email them and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

Thanks for that newgrange!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Jay, I got mine supplied and fitted from an Engineeering firm in strawberry beds up towards lucan village.

here's their number 01-6214258 (i think i paid €150 approx. supplied and fitted in a couple of hours on a saturday morning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

Sounds good ciarsd, cheers for that!

no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

THey look more of a visual deterent than anything - or are they actually unmoveable ?

loz wrote:
    THey look more of a visual deterent than anything - or are they actually unmoveable ?

ive not checked the link but my one is a proper removable galvanised pole with an insert concreted and sealed into my driveway. they are secured together using a huge heavy duty brass lock - very secure

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They work in three ways:

(a) it makes it difficult to steal your car, because at low speed the car can't ram the bar fast enough to break it.

(b) it stops ram raiders by taking the brunt of the force, meaning the roller shutter / window is damaged rather than destroyed.

(c) they stop silver Merc drivers from parking in your space by (i) keeping them out (ii) keeping them in (iii) you have a large cudgle available. :D

Advertisement