Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

numbering of signposts?

• 25-05-2005 7:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

I notice that every single sign post on N roads are now being numbered. Every stop, yield, speed etc sign is getting a number taped to the pole.

Anyone know what this is in aid of?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Bond-007 wrote:
    I notice that every single sign post on N roads are now being numbered. Every stop, yield, speed etc sign is getting a number taped to the pole.

Anyone know what this is in aid of?
    I'd hazard to guess that it'll make administration a hell of a lot easier. For example, "sign x000748 needs replacing" OR "That caution children at play sign on the right hand side of x road, not the left hand side.......". You get the picture. The ESB has numbered poles and pylons for years and propbably has them all laid out on a map somewhere. It's actually long overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I wish they's start putting junction numbers onto motorway signs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

BrianD wrote:
    I wish they's start putting junction numbers onto motorway signs!!
    Sure don't you have your fancy junction numbers on part of the M50 and that bit of the M7 round Naas! Don't be gettin' all greedy Brian ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bus stops are also getting numbers, of course the trick is making sure they have the right number. :D

Advertisement