Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best round

Options
  • 25-05-2005 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

tell us about yer best ever rounds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

ziggy67 wrote:
    I took up the game last year & was averaging about 115-120 but kept plugging away changing everything about my game as i have went along. Played at least once a week & practised at least twice a week so my score has dropped dramatically to the extent i was averaging 95 with my best being 92.

Then last week i shot an 85 round Dunboyne (on the same day as the pro-am at Carton House about 3 miles away, so the conditions were terrible) & needless to say i'm delighted.

Dropping 30 strokes in a year isn't too bad at all & it feels great when all the effort you put in pays off.

This time next year i want to be playing off about 12.
    Dont be fooled

Im no great player - but had one of my best rounds ive ever played about 3 weeks ago (and i hadnt played in over 6 months)!
    Played last week and i played muck - 20 more shots than the week previous! :mad:
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm 17 years old and been playing for round 7 years. I'm currently of 15. But my best round was last year in a single strokes event where I shot a 79 gross. I'll always remember it. I was red hot that month shooting 80,80,79,81.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

2 over, dont remember anything about it, guess i was in the zone,
    i remember i didnt think i was playing particularly well on the day, and i remember one put about half way thru round for par, about 15 foot slight double breaker from fringe, ....little snake, dead weight, plink, i knew it was pure the second i hit it.
    even right after the round thats all i could remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

okden wrote:
    2 over, dont remember anything about it, guess i was in the zone,
    i remember i didnt think i was playing particularly well on the day, and i remember one put about half way thru round for par, about 15 foot slight double breaker from fringe, ....little snake, dead weight, plink, i knew it was pure the second i hit it.
    even right after the round thats all i could remember.

Cant beat a put like that! Super feeling!

Yeah you must have been in the ZONE !!!

It occassionally happens me when im driving ........(a car) .......would have driven about a mile on a twisty road and then its like waking up out of a daze and saying to urself.....how did i change gears, brake, turn the bends........wouldnt even remember!!! Hope cars didnt have to swerve to avoid me :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

I thought today could have been the day. I was playing in the lady presidents day event. I was last to tee of and I knew a good net 65 was in and i wanted to win. I was 1 over for the front with a 37.

I was 3 over after 12 which was great!. Then outa nowwhere i hooked into water.Walked of with 6, i knew i was still good and going strong. 14th i hooked into water again, then dropped and hit out of bounds. Walked of with a 9, was heartbroken. I then 5 putted the 15th but then finished par par par. I was gutted. My playing partners were saying i shud be off single figures never minding my scores i just play like single figured, i cant wait for summer with more games like this too come cause it wasnt really my best with those 3 horrible holes.

Finished with a 71 net of 15

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

Curran wrote:
    Yeah you must have been in the ZONE !!!

It occassionally happens me when im driving ........(a car) .......would have driven about a mile on a twisty road and then its like waking up out of a daze and saying to urself.....how did i change gears, brake, turn the bends........wouldnt even remember!!! Hope cars didnt have to swerve to avoid me :eek:

Yeah, its something to do with learning how to do something with concious, then doing it with sub-concious, and it has to be hard enough for you to be totaly engaged and up for it, but not so hard that you get fustrated or call in the concious to do it (or f*ck it up).

people do it more than they think, its the best feeling.

check out tigers eyes when hes focused, its like, tiger has left the building.

Well I thought I'd jsut update my new best round ever.

On Sunday we were playing V-Par in our club competition but i was well keeping a stroke score. I shot a 75 gross of 13. 4 bogeys and 1 birdie. I was well chuffed, but some minor concerns

It turned out as 9 up and i was beaten by a 10up by smoene off 20, clearly didnt shoot a good stroke score but hey.

Secondly i only got cut to 12. I'm totally confused. I was 13.4 i think and now im 11.6 I thought a score this good wood get me atleast to 11.

But I'm well happy. Caue i took my friends driver to test it, i missed every fairway all day =) but hit roughly 13-14/18 green in regulaton. My irons were amazing. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

still trying to break 80 in competition and get that elusive 79, have done it in practice a couple of times but waiting to do it in competition in an intermediate scratch cup in 2 weeks, cant remember an all round good 18 holes really, I had an 85 a couple of weeks ago, yes nothing special but it was that I only had 26 putts that made it special, so was delighted with that

the most frustrating thing is that on one 9, say either front or back I'll have +2 maybe, trying to match that on the other 9 is evading me, its coming though, definitely in the next 6 weeks........

• Advertisement

I often chuckle to myself. I'd say regurly shoot between 2 and 4 over on the front. And older playing partners would usually say " Well done, but remember the next nine is different, its a hole new game think of it that way"

My advice is not to do that. Your forgetting your great score, many people I meet do that and **** up the back nine, the game is 18 holes not 9 and 9. So try keep your rytheme,pace and quality through 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Got a 97 last week off 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

79.....and playing with a handicap of 18.... :eek: :)

Advertisement