Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two semi D houses - different exchanges?

• 25-05-2005 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Myself and the neighbour are both looking to get in broadband...

Stuck in the sticks and there's more chance of BATMAN moving in than getting broadband...

... But when we check our phone numbers we're showing on different exchanges, is this right?

And yes the two house are joined together - NEW ESTATE!

Kinda fooks the ole trigger program malarky!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if the first 3 numbers of your number are the same, then you would be on the same exchange, or i would think, since generally thats how the number ranges are divided.

It is obviously technically possible, there has to be a split somewhere obviously, but i would think rare that it would occur in the middle of a single development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Joeface

that might happen I one of ye has an isdn line :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Perfectly possible. There's no rule that says that a bit of wire has to go to a particular exchange. If there's two exchanges nearby then the decision could come down to capacity at a particular exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

The first three numbers are completely different

mine 590XX

His 418XX

Bollocks to EIRCON

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

thats your answer then i guess lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement