Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about raids

Options
  • 25-05-2005 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

What exactly is a raid?

I have a lvl 18 char, and nobody will let me join one, so I can't find out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

A raid is just like a normal group, however you can have up to 60 members. You cant get xp or complete quests, like you do in a normal group.

Its generally used for attacking enemy strongholds in PvP or for completing those harder Instances/Dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The raids you've been trying to get invited to are the ones where people are either attacking or defending an area. If everyone is a lower level anyway you'll get invited, but often (now the servers have been around a while), it's group of high level people organising their attacks and/or defense (a lvl18 can't really do much in a raid then - so you'll be out of luck sometimes).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I've been trying to get in on dungeon raids, but they wont let me, and no-one wants to go on the lower level ones like the deadmines. Oh, woah is me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

You'll only really be useful on instance runs around your level. If your too low you wont be able to hit the mobs or heal sufficiently. You'll also cause the mobs to agro you (and therefore your group) from a long long long way away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Well you wont be able to go on any instances that require Raids at your lvl. Your agro range would be fatal to the whole raid. And its really only people who would be at the right lvl for Deadmines (not sure of the lvl myself, I'm assuming its an Alliance instance) who would be interested in going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

BizzyC wrote:
    I've been trying to get in on dungeon raids, but they wont let me, and no-one wants to go on the lower level ones like the deadmines. Oh, woah is me.

You can't join higher level ones for (what should be) obvious reasons. You can only take 5 people, and they all have a job to do, whether it's tank or heal or nuke. If you're too low level for the dungeon, you're going to aggro everything, die pretty quickly, and generally not help. Same as you wouldn't try to kill a tiger that's a way higher level, you have to do things that at your level. Deadmines should be right about your lvl if you're alliance, just keep trying to find a group and do that, or do quests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The first instance dungeon i went to was blackfathom deeps, and i was around lvl 19. Got my ass kicked. Dont bother trying until id say around lvl 25 or so. I went on a raid at xroads too when i was about lvl 19, and got creamed, but it did get me a few honourable kills, so i got the rank of private by about lvl 25 which is fairly good going. So even if you are low lvl id try and get in on the enemy raids just for experience, and fun of them if theyll let you join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

wher is blackfathom deeps? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

on the beach at the west end of ashenvale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

on the map in the instructions in north astranaar :confused: no wonder I couldn't bloody find it. the Quest I got for there has gone from red to green now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement