Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Little advice - €31,400 to spend company car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

prospect wrote:
    I am aware of that, but is hardly the OP's concern.
    Also, If it is company, it is 99% likely that it'll be new, so under warranty for the duration of its lease. And afaik AIB and most big financial companies buy all-in leases which cover everything except insurance and fuel.

Fleet companies generally look after the cars themselves. While they may make claims on warranties, they still don't want to have to do major work. (Means that the customer is without a car, and when the customers don't have their cars, they get pissed off and blame the fleet company). As a result Waldens delisted the 156 a few years ago due to the problems it gave from new. My wife changed jobs recently and the new fleet company she deals with don't supply any Alfas at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

DubTony wrote:
    the new fleet company she deals with don't supply any Alfas at all.

Bummer, ah well, thats life :rolleyes:
    No harm in the OP asking for one though, maybe, just maybe, her company has different rules! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

they don't - no alfa's.

Thanks for all the advice lads. I'd say the Volvo S40, the 407 and maybe (if allowed) the Hyundai Coupé are the front runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    they don't - no alfa's.

Thanks for all the advice lads. I'd say the Volvo S40, the 407 and maybe (if allowed) the Hyundai Coupé are the front runners.

Double bummer, could she argue discrimination! :D

407 and S40 are good choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The new Hyundai Sonata looks like great value if you want amazing comfort. One of the guys in our office is picking one up, pick up a brouchure or take a test drive.

I scanned in a picture for you.

• Advertisement

didn't realise there was a new one out!! that looks really sweet.

got any more scans?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    didn't realise there was a new one out!! that looks really sweet.

got any more scans?
    Has a look of Mazda 6/Xedos 9 about it...nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I had a look at one of the new Sonata's on Sunday. While it's a huge improvement over the old model, it's still not in the same league as Avensis, 407, Mondeo. Interior plastics were very cheap and that was also the overall impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

that looks a great car - definte test drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Can you wait til june for the new Passat?

If not - go for the legacy imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

"I just got rid of my A3"
    "What did you replace it with"
    "A Hyundai Sonata"
    "HAHAHAHAHAHA"

commited wrote:
    Can you wait til june for the new Passat?

If not - go for the legacy imho
    Yeah - won't be bought till August. At the minute the the Passat is slightly out of the completely infelxible price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lockster

I actually had a very similar decision myself last year. I originally decided on the Avensis, but when looking to place the order was put off by the very long waiting time of 5 months from delivery to order, I don't know whether this has changed now though. So in the end I went for a Mazda 6 and I must say that I made the right decision. The car is lovely to drive, handles beautifully and the Sports Touring model has every bit of kit that you would need in a car. I've also not had even the slightest problem with it and that's in a year with around 25,000 miles. I've had three other company cars a golf, a mondeo and a laguna and I have to say that this is the best by far. I was originally put of a little by the interior as it is grey and I would usually prefer more black, but I soon got used to it.

In terms of value for money and what you get for your euro I think she should definately at least consider the Mazda.

If I was due to change myself again I would also look at the Volvo S40 / V50 as this wasn't out when I had to make my mind up last year.

Advertisement