Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.17HMR vs. .22WMR

Options
  • 25-05-2005 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd post this since there was some discussion on these calibres recently, even though it turned out to be a bit of misunderstanding on brand names/terminology, rather than mixing them up in the same rifle. :)

Just got the June issue of Shooting Times, and there's an interesting article comparing the two rounds.

Here's a scan of a nice picture showing them side by side-
    5d2l9i

The article runs to 5 pages, so I'm not going to transcribe the whole thing, but they reckon that the introduction of new 'hot' rimfire rounds has spurred a resurgence of interest in the .22WMR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I just recently bought a .22wmr ive been to 4 dealers around the place and they've all had the same 2 brands cz (same company as brno) and savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bulls_Eye

I bought a .22 wmr last year and I find it a great gun. Been reading a lot about the .17hmr and it sounds good but I can honestly say I've no complaints about the .22wmr.

Advertisement