Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken search ?

Options
  • 25-05-2005 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Every time I try and do a search for "cheap home cinema" , I just get a blank white page returned. The source of which is <html><body></body></html>

Tried with IE and firefox - same thing - what gives ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The search system is quite inefficient for certain searches and basically craps out. Did you try restricting your search to the Home Entertainment forum?

Try these:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1308985#1308985
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1614858#1614858

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i find that some days a particular search 'craps out' and on another day the exact same search works
    more often than not, all searches fail

ho hum

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

iirc multiple words on a search does not reveal single posts with the multiple words, I think the whole thread contains all words. Therefore on page one someone can mention "cheap", on page 5 someone can mention "home" and page 39 the word "cinema" appears. This will count as one result on the search result. I think.

Therefore either reduce the amount of words and/or specify fora or try Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

jeysus I didnt realise the search was so ****e although the "search word must be more than 3 characters" limitation should have given me a hint

In fairness reducing the amount of words when searching for "cheap home cinema" is not a geat help. Searching for "cheap" or "home" or "cinema" on its own wouldnt be very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Then Google is your best man/bridesmaid/hermaphrodog.

• Advertisement
Advertisement