Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ntl v sky

• 25-05-2005 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ntl movie and sports package costs €33.50

sky's movie and sports pack costs €59.50

why is there such a difference.

i've used both, and prefer sky, the operating system is alot better, and there's less glitches. but €26 in difference.

am i missing somthing?

which are you 30 votes

i'm with sky, great value
    0% 0 votes
    i'm with sky, rip off
    56% 17 votes
    i'm with ntl, great value
    23% 7 votes
    i'm with ntl, rip off
    20% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

sky's ok everynow and again but not realy worth it tbh better off saving your money and spending it on dvds...

Glip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

deceiving

why didnt you include the mandatory analogue connection on ntl which would throw on another 20 odd quid to the total

there is no difference really except

ITV and Channel 4 on ntl
    interactive news and sport on Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

paperclip wrote:
    ntl movie and sports package costs €33.50
    am i missing somthing?

plus €10 for "go digital"
    plus €17 for basic cable

makes it €60.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ah, didn't realise, sky it is then!

plus €10 for "go digital"
    plus €17 for basic cable

makes it €60.50

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dark_prince

Actually, if you get €5 digital package with ntl with not as many channels and Sky Sports and Sky Movies it costs €53 per month. Good option, think details were in one of the papers at the weekend

Good for people who want Sports for the matches pretty much, package is €41.50 or something compared to €50+ for Sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I have Ntl very happy with it, don't want a dish on or near my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Not much of an in between there in the poll options.
    I'm with Sky, don't think it's a complete rip off but it certainly isn't great value either.
    Would take Sky over NTL though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Had both, currently with NTL and have to say Sky p1ss all over NTL's service, not to mention the fact that there is a hell of a lot more channels with Sky's service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Zoton

Also bear in mind NTL are an absolute nightmare to deal with, especially for installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i changed from ntl digital to sky and i have to say i am so much happier. you get so many more channels with sky, not that u would watch half of them but you do have the choice. also ntl are the worst in the world for customer service and sky are so much better. at least sky know what they are talking about. you also have the option of sky plus which i cant live without! for an extra 200 euro you own your own box and never have to miss a show or watch an add break again. sky charge 1 euro more a month than ntl for all of this.....i think the answer for who gives better value speaks for itself. did you also know that ntl currently have 66,000 complaints outstanding at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

tabatha wrote:
    did you also know that ntl currently have 66,000 complaints outstanding at the moment!

Its actually 66,001 rang them yesterday ;) their broadband service in my place is not good at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

yeah i am having some very slow speeds at the moment also, what is goind on?

Advertisement