Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Dog

Options
  • 25-05-2005 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Lost in Kimmage/Perrystown area of South Dublin. Answers to name of Shane. Male Shetland Sheepdog (Minature collie type black & white) Approx 8 years old. Very gentle.
    Owner ill in hospital and will be devastated on return home if Shane not found.
    Contact Tel: 085 713 0616.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

You could try posting up here as well:

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/

List of dog pounds:

http://www.irishanimals.ie/pound.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Esme

Thanks for the info. I have done as you've suggested. Have also phoned all the pounds, been into garda stations and vets in the area and stuck up posters so fingrs crossed... :)

Unfortunately there's been an increase lately in the amount of purebred dogs being stolen so you might have to bear that in mind.

But a purebred dog is just as likely to wander a bit too far and get lost as a mixed breed. Animals can wander pretty far so put up notices in the surrounding towns too. My cat showed up a couple of miles away once!

If you're in the North Kildare/South Dublin area, try contacting the Liffey Champion to see if they'll run a story on it. They've done that in the past and been quite successful, some of the dogs were found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Esme

:) We were re-united with Shane last night. He was found near Lucan by very kind people who took him in , cleaned the cement from his coat and contacted us via our ad in the Herald.

So, thanks for your support and for anyone who loses their dog - good luck and stay positive. Your hard work looking for them might well pay off.

Yaaaaay!!!!!!!!!

Very happy to hear that. Jesus they really can wander for miles!

:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Oh I could cry when i hear about animals straying like that, it makes me so sad especially given the amount of cruel b****ds out there. glad you found him, hes so lovely looking

Advertisement