Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

h&b drx-430

Options
  • 25-05-2005 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Hi, posted this on home entertainment but havent had much interest.
    i think this is the busier place for this type of thing :)

hope im not out of line to cross post.

http://www.hb-direct.co.uk/EN/P_44.html

i was taking a look on overclockers and i spotted this dvd recorder.
    137£ + vat and delivery

anyone got any opinions or alternatives,
    it seems to do a fair bit, but would the usb 1 port be capable of playing xvids from an external drive?
    anything else i should take note of?

my tv is nothing to write home about, and have no intention of getting a plasma or other hdtv for a few years.

also,
    would i need an external decoder for surround sound?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

anyone got a recommndation?

my credit card is halfway into the floppy drive....

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

H&B seem a good brand and they certainly have a good product range. I would give this a thumbs up anyway! Pretty slick looking too. Not sure about the USB 1 for external inputs. Email H&B with any questions, generally brands like this are quite helpful and honest. Point out in your email that their products are not available here yet and you need a few questions answered before you purchase online.

Philips DVDR is well priced now here so worth checking for comparison.

You will still need a home cinema system / amp for surround sound.

Hope this helps somewhat!

Advertisement