Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking hair

• 25-05-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to stop your hair from breaking? I haven't cut my hair in ages and it's the same length, obviously it's growing but it's staying the same length so it's breaking....I blame hair straighteners that I use everyday. I use Boots protective serum but I don't think it's helping. Is there any better products to use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

If you don't get your hair cut regularly, I think your hair will just break naturally. I never use straighteners and hairdriers but I have split ends. (I'm growing my hair so I'm not getting it cut as regularly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Do you have to use a hair straightener?? Coz that's gonna damage your hair a great deal.

I suggest getting a trim to get rid of bad split ends and then go to a hair dresser and they can suggest products for your hair. You might have to buy 2 items to get the best results. Keratese and Redken are really good hair conditioners and serums.

Also try Terry's Wholesale shop on Abbey Street (arcoss from Eason's) as they sale Redken (for sure) at slightly cheaper prices. They can normally help you out too with the products!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

You should buy a bottle of Revlon Professional EQUAVE 2 phase. Tiz really good, you can only get it in a hairdressers though. It's an intensive conditioner that ya just spray on, and leave in. It's perfect for if you're using hair straighteners on a regular basis as well, as it's a good protector.

And it leaves your hair lovely, silky and soft too!

You should also use another intensive conditioner in the shower once in a while, just to make sure the hair is getting those nutrients that it wants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Try cut down on using the straightener and go for regular trims. When using the straightener, use a heat protector spray. I use the wella spray and find it quiet good. A good conditioner is also a must. I find pantene 3 x amino (think its called that) very very good, and very nourishing. Every couple of weeks i put conditioner in my hair and leave it on for a good hour. Works wonders.

The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut them out. And then look after your hair with some treatments, good conditioners and less use of the straightener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

you just have to get angel tears from ghd...its the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

like what was said above..
    get your hair trimmed! for healthy hair you need to get it cut regularly. STOP using ghd's everyday! my bro's friend is a model and she used to use it everyday, the damage it did! it literally burns your hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

As has already been said, you really need to get it trimmed regularly.

Also, take extra care of it when it's wet as it is more vulnerable when wet - don't towel dry vigorously and maybe use a wide tooth comb after you wash it. And go easy on the straighteners and hair dryer - use a lower setting when blow drying.

Advertisement