Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting from Maynooth to Killester

• 25-05-2005 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

On the train. Cost wise....is there such a thing as a monthly commuter ticket that I could use for both train journeys every day? I don't understand all this inner/outer zone thing. Also is there a discount for students on commuter tickets? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I don't understand that inner and outer zone thing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Blondie,
    There is a monthly bus&rail short hop, 74quid/month for a student.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/monthly.asp

Check with maynooth(or maybe Connolly would be better) about a train ticket only from Maynooth to Killester. This should be cheaper than short hop as your specifing your stations and not using the bus.

So there's only one euro in the difference between adult and student? How mean is that!!

Maynooth, if your referring to the offer below the student one, I think you will find that is for buses only.It's 105 for adult equivalent

JackieChan wrote:
    Maynooth, if your referring to the offer below the student one, I think you will find that is for buses only.It's 105 for adult equivalent

Ah just saw that....you're right. Sorry about that, should have looked more before I went ranting! :)

• Advertisement

Unless the OP needs buses and access to the dart southbound of connolly, I'd check for a rail only ticket as it should be cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Blondie81

JackieChan wrote:
    Unless the OP needs buses and access to the dart southbound of connolly, I'd check for a rail only ticket as it should be cheaper

Thanks for that....I will never need to use the bus though....I can't seem to find any information on a rail only student ticket....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The full range of Rail commuter tickets are here: http://www.irishrail.ie/dart/your_ticket/prepaid_fares.asp

For the journey you outlined the €58.50 Inner Zone Student monthly is the correct ticket.

You can also get get "commuter 3" or "commuter 7" tickets which are unlimited travel for 3 or 7 days between two specific stations. There is no monthly or student ticket of this type. For Maynooth - Killester these are €12.90 (3 day) and €21.60 (7 day).

The only difference between Inner Zone and Short Hop is that Inner zone does not include Skerries, Balbriggan to the north and Greystones, Kilcoole to the south.
    Inner zone tickets are rail only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Blondie81

John R wrote:
    The full range of Rail commuter tickets are here: http://www.irishrail.ie/dart/your_ticket/prepaid_fares.asp

For the journey you outlined the €58.50 Inner Zone Student monthly is the correct ticket.

You can also get get "commuter 3" or "commuter 7" tickets which are unlimited travel for 3 or 7 days between two specific stations. There is no monthly or student ticket of this type. For Maynooth - Killester these are €12.90 (3 day) and €21.60 (7 day).

The only difference between Inner Zone and Short Hop is that Inner zone does not include Skerries, Balbriggan to the north and Greystones, Kilcoole to the south.
    Inner zone tickets are rail only.

Thanks so much John R, that's a great help. Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Just buy a weekly/monthly ticket at Maynooth

tell them you want a "weekly/monthly ticket to Killester"

they should be able to facilitate you

I commuted from Newbridge to Blackrock for 12 months and just asked for a "weekly ticket to Blackrock including feeder bus" every time. Used cost €42.50 - whereas a weekly ticket to city centre including feeder bus was €40.50

- just an extra €2

whereas if you bought a separate ten journey from Tara St to Blackrock it would cost a lot more than €2

Only drawback was that the ticket could not be read by Tara St machines, only Connolly.

Know another guy who did Thurles-Seapoint daily on the one ticket
    Bitch of a commute

• Advertisement
Advertisement